[w|0.12.911] Construction pathfinding issues

Started by Jinxed, August 27, 2015, 02:36:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxed

Situation: I was constructing some lights for my stables.
What happened: Colonist approached the site with metal, to lay down material on blueprints. Layout was - power cables on the outside hugging the wall and lights are installed on the inside, hugging the wall as well. Colonist put the metal for 3 sections of wire, then he came to the spot where he is nearest to the light blueprint, so he runs around the building, enters it, puts metal in the light blueprint, runs out of building, around it and continues working on wires as if nothing happened. The game attempts to find the closest object to the colonist, but does not consider the obstacles.
What I expected to happen: For colonist to finish the wire first and then proceed to the light.
Reproduction: Try building something with layout where one set of blueprints is separated from another with a wall.

Tynan

Yeah, it's a known issue I've wanted to fix for a while. Not technically a bug, but a suboptimal design. Thanks.

"Fix inefficient paths when taking resources to several blueprints at once, caused by them ignoring the walls between the blueprints and potentially walking all the way around long paths. They should search for nearby blueprints via region traversal. http://i.imgur.com/CTlJ6iu.png"
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog