[w|0.12.911] Prisoners are fed with raw meat when nutrient paste is available

Started by Jinxed, August 27, 2015, 04:40:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxed

Situation: I got prison block near the stockpile with raw edibles, mess hall with dispenser is a bit further away.
What happened: Prisoners are feeded with raw meat, rather than with nutrient paste.
What I expected to happen: For colonist to get some paste for prisoners.
Reproduction: I highly suspect that distance between source of food matters in this case, previously I had mess hall located closer to prison cells than stockpile of raw edibles and prisoners were fed with paste if meals were not available (stored in the same stockpile with raw edibles, though)

UPD: Actually, I just noted that sometimes colonists too decide to eat raw food, instead of paste. Note that some colonists still eat paste though.

Vault101

The same happened in alpha 11, when prisoner gets hungry a warden is dispatched to bring him a meal even though there is a paste dispenser in prison room.

As for colonists, I'm assuming your paste dispenser was in use by someone else (possibly walking from halfway across the map) so the colonist couldn't use paste and went for an alternative instead.

Great solution to this would be a queue system for paste dispenser.

ison

zandadoum

workaround:

prison should be near to your freezer. build a paste dispenser in your freezer that breaks through the wall and has just the dispensing part inside the prison, but hopper(s) in the freezer.

never again worry about feeding prisoners.

Thriorion

I have had a similar issue occur with my prisoners, but I feed them meals. My warden fed my prisoner raw hare meat instead of a simple meal! On that note, there really should be an option to set what type of food your prisoners are allowed to be given. I don't want them eating my fine and lavish meals! C'mon!

Coenmcj

Quote from: Thriorion on September 11, 2015, 07:38:44 PM
I have had a similar issue occur with my prisoners, but I feed them meals. My warden fed my prisoner raw hare meat instead of a simple meal! On that note, there really should be an option to set what type of food your prisoners are allowed to be given. I don't want them eating my fine and lavish meals! C'mon!
I've got to second this, being able to choose what is fed to whom much like the current medicine system would be greatly appreciated.

@OP,
How far away's the dispenser?
The food search-ey formula-thing is iffy at times, but very, very reasonable at others, you might just have it too far away.

Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Jinxed

Quote from: ison on September 08, 2015, 06:13:36 AM
Not sure if eating raw food if nutrient paste is far away is a bug.

Raw food storage is about 4 tiles away from dispenser.

ison

I can't reproduce it in A13. Does it still happen? Has anyone managed to repro it in A13?

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog