[0.12.911] 'Do until you have X' blanket includes all items on the map

Started by strata8, August 28, 2015, 09:20:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

strata8

So I've set up a bill to make parkas, but it's suspended because it says I've already got 4 of them. I do have 4 near my base (from raids, no crematorium yet), except they're:

•Not in stockpiles
•Forbidden
•Not in the home zone
•Couldn't be worn anyway because they're under the 50% threshold I've set for the outfit

I understand why it's done like this, as there's the option to dump finished items next to the colonist and not in the stockpile. But I also feel like these shouldn't be included, even if only because they're forbidden.

Screenshot to show what I mean: http://i.imgur.com/SDGGBiB.jpg

It's easily reproducible:
- Start new game
- Build tailors workbench
- Add pants bill with 'do until you have X' restriction
- Place pants around map, and forbid them
- Pants still included in count

Tynan

This is a suggestion that might be good but isn't a bug, so I'll just move it to suggestions.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Toggle

I think though that this might have the problem of once it's finished, say their making parkas and 'john' just made two. You set the limit to two, but because the parka's are beside 'john' and not in stockpiles, he keeps making more parka's until someone hauls them into a stockpile.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

strata8

Quote from: Tynan on August 28, 2015, 11:26:30 AM
This is a suggestion that might be good but isn't a bug, so I'll just move it to suggestions.

Thanks, I wasn't sure.

Quote from: Z0MBIE2 on August 28, 2015, 12:38:10 PM
I think though that this might have the problem of once it's finished, say their making parkas and 'john' just made two. You set the limit to two, but because the parka's are beside 'john' and not in stockpiles, he keeps making more parka's until someone hauls them into a stockpile.

You probably wouldn't even need the requirement for them to be in stockpiles. If forbidden items and items not in the home area were both excluded it'd 'solve' the problem, but then you have issues with edge cases - eg, someone might have removed part of the home area or explicitly forbidden an item they want to keep.

dosemeter

Quote from: Z0MBIE2 on August 28, 2015, 12:38:10 PM
I have a single square set to hold fine meals. The maximum per square is 10 meals.
My cooking bill is set to make 20 meals. Therefore, my colonist will keep cooking and cooking indefinitely.  The bill only looks at what is in a stockpile to satisfy it's requirements.

Why is this different than apparel in that a tailoring bill will count everything on the map?
Should one or the other be changed for consistency?  I personally don't care which way, I
would just like bills to behave the same, regardless of the production bench.
Maybe there's something I'm missing.  If so, please advise..... :-\

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]