HELP!! CROP PROBLEM!

Started by haywire-2014, August 28, 2015, 09:42:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

haywire-2014

So.. playing away loving the new animal system, beating back wave after wave of enemies when i realise nothing is being hauled or worked on... i then see most of my growers, planting on what looks like gaps in the crop section... i fast forward the speed and notice that planted crops are just slowly disapearing .... the temperature is 22C so its not a weather issue.... Tynan, thoughts??

Jamini

Crops die if they are left unharvested long enough. Even in ideal temperatures.

Lerxst

I've seen this too but it's not crops being left unattended. Crops doing well otherwise, will die, even if they're only at 35% or so. My potato crop did fine, but my cotton... jeezus! For every 10 cloth harvested, they've had to plant like 5 plants by the time it's done.

haywire-2014

Quote from: Lerxst on August 28, 2015, 10:02:09 AM
I've seen this too but it's not crops being left unattended. Crops doing well otherwise, will die, even if they're only at 35% or so. My potato crop did fine, but my cotton... jeezus! For every 10 cloth harvested, they've had to plant like 5 plants by the time it's done.
I know that, but its plants that are at like 3% - 10% 

Mihsan

Quote from: haywire-2014 on August 28, 2015, 09:42:17 AM
So.. playing away loving the new animal system, beating back wave after wave of enemies when i realise nothing is being hauled or worked on... i then see most of my growers, planting on what looks like gaps in the crop section... i fast forward the speed and notice that planted crops are just slowly disapearing .... the temperature is 22C so its not a weather issue.... Tynan, thoughts??

Do you have that green poison ship event?
Pain, agony and mechanoids.

Exe19

Low-skilled or injured colonist can fail harvest destroying plant and items from it.

haywire-2014

Quote from: Mihsan on August 28, 2015, 11:50:56 AM

Yes but i surrounded it in walls and its not affecting any flora around it

haywire-2014

Quote from: Exe19 on August 28, 2015, 11:53:41 AM
Low-skilled or injured colonist can fail harvest destroying plant and items from it.
but thats harvesting.... planting them they shouldnt just disappear unless you get a blight event or conditions change in weather niether of which are happening soo its just unexplained disappearing crops

Mihsan

Quote from: haywire-2014 on August 28, 2015, 12:07:31 PM

Try to destroy it and see what happens (you can do it with dev console just for checking). IMO this surrounding thing does not work at 100% or maybe it was fixed.

I had the same problem with poison ship. It was lying super long in my game and I saw too late that my colonists are constantly replanting my fields. It was killing plants, that was behind the wall from this ship part by the way.
Pain, agony and mechanoids.

TLHeart

Quote from: haywire-2014 on August 28, 2015, 12:07:31 PM

Walls no longer stop the poison in 12c

Goo Poni

Walls stopped it in the first place? I noticed that the poison didn't actually poison colonists and I didn't have any herbivores, just a couple pet wargs, so I ignored the -three simultaneous hotdrops- by those rude poison ships, two of which landed in the top right corner of the map over deep water. It wasn't until the one to the south was affecting nearly the entire south half of the map that I decided I should probably go clear them up.

Sir Prize

Aw, why would 2 crashed poison ships affect my hydroponics inside a reinforced mountain, the ships are on other side of the map and it's around -100 so i can't go clear them out, i simply poked one ship so the robots would go out and murder everyone like cold wasn't enough. I was confused when my plants started disappearing one by one, i guess the poison ship is the problem.

haywire-2014

Destroyed the poison ship and all is fine.... thank you guys for the help now onward to the labrador breeding facility!!!!

Lerxst

Well, that's game over for that colony then :( Crash opposite a mountain range that divides the map in half on the largest of the Large worlds. No way to get to it and even if I could, my pistol and hunting rifle can barely scratch the thing.