[Mod request] Custom Biomes

Started by tmo97, August 28, 2015, 03:39:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmo97

Something I've noticed is the complete absence of map generator mods. What if we could make a map that contain lots and lots of metallic resources, but also is nearly completely slate and has a surface temperature of around 60 degrees, maybe to simulate a volcanic biome, or a hellish one. I got the idea when I accidentally 2000C'd a prisoner :P
I tried searching for a bit, but I only found an old alpha 3F mod which is called Fertile Plains, and reverse engineering isn't doing much help. If the knowledge on how to make biomes and custom maps was to be made publicly available, I believe we would have a great surge in mods.
It would allow for some really interesting scenario's much in the same way the IceSheet biome did with its top cold of -110C.

It would also add to the idea that you're on an alien planet, not on some gene manipulated Earth clone.

Apologies if the syntax made it hard to read, it's kind of late but I really wanted to share this idea.

Toggle

Try talking in the slack about it if you want some help doing it yourself, you're likely get get faster answers from someone online. And yeah, custom biomes would be interesting.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

Stinkycat752

Links are always a nice thing to provide!

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=14501.0

I'd be irritated anyway :P
Abomination Imagination

Toggle

I was busy commenting on every single page on the forums ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ And just seeing if he's interested first.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.