Selling of property and people.

Started by Farcrada, October 19, 2013, 12:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farcrada

'Ello peeps!

I've been watching Sacriel(twitch.tv/sacriel) playing RimWorld and I have to say: It's looking PRETTY damn awesome! I've found several things though. I'll be posting those through out the day and when I see or notice some.

So, as a suggestion: It might be handy to let players sell their prisoners only if they're on full health. Same goes for buildings. At the moment they can sell anything they want at any given moment. I'm thinking: You get money back by selling it, but getting it destroyed loses more resources compared to selling it. Maybe to counter this is to lower the price you get for selling it and pitch up the resources you get for letting it get destroyed. Might even be handy to make colonists remove buildings over time. Like deconstructing instead of selling it.

I hope this gives you lot my view of this "problem".

Greetings,
Farcrada

Tynan

Well, prisoners are discounted based on their health (unless there's a bug).

And yes, you're right, about building selling. It is fixedly planned to have the colonists do the deconstructing instead of having it just magically happen.

Welcome to the forum!
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Farcrada

Thanks! Glad to help you get notified.

C.B. Klausberger

Quote from: Tynan on October 19, 2013, 12:54:50 PM
Well, prisoners are discounted based on their health (unless there's a bug)

Even its just a cosmetic option, i would prefer to sell prisoners to Prisons/"Galaxy-Police", rather than beeing a Slave trader.

Or as a 3rd Option it would be cool to set them free to pacify the Pirate-King !
Watch my newest (german speaking) Let´s Play Episodes of RimWorld @ https://www.youtube.com/user/flyingDerli or follow on Twitter http://twitter.com/flyingDerli

British

Quote from: flyingDerli on October 20, 2013, 01:05:04 PM
Even its just a cosmetic option, i would prefer to sell prisoners to Prisons/"Galaxy-Police", rather than beeing a Slave trader.

Or as a 3rd Option it would be cool to set them free to pacify the Pirate-King !
Having some kind of police around is not completely defined yet.
I kind of like the idea of the slave traders, and it also makes sense when you're actually buying people... but I wouldn't mind having some kind of authority to whom we could send prisoners (as long as Tynan sees it fitting his vision), while still having the slave traders.

AspenShadow

Quote from: British on October 21, 2013, 04:23:19 AM
Quote from: flyingDerli on October 20, 2013, 01:05:04 PM

Having some kind of police around is not completely defined yet.
I kind of like the idea of the slave traders, and it also makes sense when you're actually buying people... but I wouldn't mind having some kind of authority to whom we could send prisoners (as long as Tynan sees it fitting his vision), while still having the slave traders.

Actually as of the Rimworld Universe Primer and Longsleep Revival Briefing the idea of 'Galaxy-Police' is discounted entirely. There is no galaxy-wide empire, FTL-Travel was never created by humanity and there is only a major empire of organised systems clustered near the galactic core, a sparse bunch of minor empires and then rare interplanetary alliances in Rimworld solar systems where more than one planet in the system is life-sustaining. Most worlds stand alone and there is no universally recognised authority.