[TOOL] RimEdit (v.2.1)

Started by Darker, January 05, 2014, 06:48:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ENE

I cant use it on browser it keep saying 'File opened.' with black background. Can any one tell me how to use it please. PS. I use FIREFOX

ENE

I cant use it on browser it keep saying 'File opened.' with black background. Can any one tell me how to use it please. PS. I use FIREFOX

ENE

Morgan_Freeman

I cant use it on browser it keep saying 'File opened.' with black background. Can any one tell me how to use it please. PS. I use GOOGLE CHROME  8)  haha its the truth
Titty Sprinkles...

Vas

It's broken with Alpha 3 it seems.  Spamming the thread won't get it fixed any faster.  Your second account is also suspicious as you say the exact same thing with slight tweak at the end.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

Morgan_Freeman

Quote from: Vas on April 20, 2014, 04:33:59 PM
It's broken with Alpha 3 it seems.  Spamming the thread won't get it fixed any faster.  Your second account is also suspicious as you say the exact same thing with slight tweak at the end.

"Your second account is also suspicious as you say the exact same thing with slight tweak at the end". Sorry to inform you, but I do not know who the hell ENE is, this is my only account here on the forums. It just so happened that I saw what he did and as a joke I copy and pasted it and added google chrome to the end, because that is the browser I am using currently. Very quick to make assumptions arent you? Oh and if that one statement "spamming the thread wont get it fixed any faster" is directed towards me, I am not spamming the thread.
Titty Sprinkles...

Darker

I apologize for the delay, however I was far away from the outer Rim for some time. I'll now focus on the issue to get the editor back in business.

Actually, if anyone has posted a Alpha 3 gamesave, as I have asked in the OP, I'd be already fixing the problem out.
Please... Throw human readable errors on savefile parsing failure!!!
Rim world editor Editor on GIT

Vas

Quote from: Darker on April 20, 2014, 08:07:45 PM
I apologize for the delay, however I was far away from the outer Rim for some time. I'll now focus on the issue to get the editor back in business.

Actually, if anyone has posted a Alpha 3 gamesave, as I have asked in the OP, I'd be already fixing the problem out.

Here ya go, a save file.  :P

Quote from: Morgan_Freeman on April 20, 2014, 04:53:00 PMI saw what he did and as a joke I copy and pasted it and added google chrome to the end, because that is the browser I am using currently.
Yes, cause a copy/paste of a previous triple post is hilarious, right?

I was talking about the triple poster's spam.  He did it 2 minutes apart per message so it certainly isn't likely to be a connection glitch.  ANYWAY, moving on.  I attached a random save file from the beginning.  I may need to disable my mods though so lemme attach another one.  Colony2 is the unmodded save.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

Darker

Mods should be no threat to the Rim edit, unless they add a new terrain type which is uncommon. And even so, it should just threat the extra tiles as "Unknown Tile".
Thanks for the saves, I'll do some testing tomorow. (Just after I watch the new episode of Game of Thrones).
Please... Throw human readable errors on savefile parsing failure!!!
Rim world editor Editor on GIT

ENE

Im so sorry, but I didnt want to spam this happened because I only look in first page so I didnt see my post so that is why Its look like spam
SO SORRY 

Vas

Quote from: Darker on April 20, 2014, 09:50:11 PM
Mods should be no threat to the Rim edit, unless they add a new terrain type which is uncommon. And even so, it should just threat the extra tiles as "Unknown Tile".
Thanks for the saves, I'll do some testing tomorow. (Just after I watch the new episode of Game of Thrones).

Well I noticed my modded game save was twice as big as the normal, so I gave you both just in case.

Core279

I have a question, whenever I attempt load up my save with this tool, it says it can't find "TerrainMap/TerrainGrid". What does that mean? Is it due to some mods I have installed? If that's the case, I've yet to try loading a map that is untouched by mods.

Edit: The full error message is "Failed to find terrain at TerrainGrid/TerrainMap"

Edit2: The error occurs even with saves that haven't had any mods installed at all. The only "mod" being the required core game data "mod".

keensta

Quote from: Core279 on May 10, 2014, 02:07:52 PM
I have a question, whenever I attempt load up my save with this tool, it says it can't find "TerrainMap/TerrainGrid". What does that mean? Is it due to some mods I have installed? If that's the case, I've yet to try loading a map that is untouched by mods.

Edit: The full error message is "Failed to find terrain at TerrainGrid/TerrainMap"

Edit2: The error occurs even with saves that haven't had any mods installed at all. The only "mod" being the required core game data "mod".

At this moment in time the site is dead. The error you are getting is because the location of the map data had slightly changed so the old location he has used in his script is no longer valid.
Check out my RimWorld SaveEditor
It removes slag and rock debris.

I mostly hang around in the Mod section of the forum. Yet I don't have a Mod :o.

Core279

Thanks Keensta. By the way, your tool is also handy. I keep getting huge groups of raiders and never have enough graves, so I just use your tool to clear the corpses.

keensta

Quote from: Core279 on May 11, 2014, 11:37:30 AM
Thanks Keensta. By the way, your tool is also handy. I keep getting huge groups of raiders and never have enough graves, so I just use your tool to clear the corpses.

No problem. Awesome good to hear its used :)

For anyone else wanting to use this if it stays outdated got much longer I will look at implementing somthing to do the same thing into my editor only tho if this stays outdated.
Check out my RimWorld SaveEditor
It removes slag and rock debris.

I mostly hang around in the Mod section of the forum. Yet I don't have a Mod :o.