Recovering from broken/dazed states

Started by Bancheis, August 23, 2015, 10:35:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bancheis

This new system where pawns start stripping and dropping things when broken is rather hilarious. Hunter saw too many corpses. And there go his pants. Hilarity aside, it can be quite annoying. I find myself having to babysit each colonist that breaks to find out where they dropped their stuff, because it becomes forbidden as soon as it hits the ground. If they are not inside the colony at the time, like hauling stuff far away, I might never recover their items or even see them drop.

I would like to suggest the idea that pawns remember where they dropped their items, and go to recover them after coming back to their senses. Perhaps put a limit to this such as item quality and durability being a factor. For example, if I threw my legendary sword or designer clothes on the ground in a fit of rage, I would most certainly go back to pick them up after I calmed down. People have pride in maintaining their valuables and like to show them off. I think it would make sense to have the pawns follow suit.

That said, perhaps a secondary suggestion for the newer traits like jealous and ascetic. Tie them into their equipment, where they affect moods slightly. Someone is jealous of the amazing weapons a fellow brawler has, or greedy and wants it for themselves. Ascetics may abstain from having anything too good, for whatever their reason is - religious or whatnot.

Boar

Man I totally agree with this, I feel like have to baby sit each and every break down. I guess it is there to make sure that the player can see the gear and go grab it but it just becomes a hassle because sometimes on bigger maps colonists just go far and wide and leave a stream of gear behind.

It is a good concept and I like them dropping stuff but when it happens when I am focusing on trying to keep people from dying from a disease, maintaining prisoners, or dealing with an assault colonists becoming dazed really just get annoying. Additionally long plays can result in allot of litter on the ground that you colonist will eventually get to but can hide where the newly doped gear ends up causing me to lose track of where has gone or if I even wanted it to begin with.

Bancheis

Well it's true that they can break while having untreated infections or diseases too. That is a good point. Best thing to do in that situation is arrest them.

To support my previously mentioned idea, after a colonist recovers from breaking, they do have a mood modifier called Catharsis saying "What just happened... That wasn't me. I know I can do better." So it would make sense that they do their best to recover from what they did while broken.