Ludeon Forum Issue

Started by Jorlem, August 28, 2015, 07:53:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jorlem

I'm not really sure where to report this, but as this subforum is the only one that mentions discussing the forum as well as the game, I'll put this here:

For the last day or two, the "new post in thread" image hasn't been loading, leaving just the word "New" in normal text.  Here is what it looks like with Firefox:

And with Chrome:

If this should instead go in another forum, please move it to the correct location.  Thank you.

Cimanyd

Same problem here, for the last few days, worked fine previously.
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

akiceabear

Odd, no problem here. Maybe try clearing your browser settings?

Jorlem

Quote from: akiceabear on August 29, 2015, 12:14:47 AM
Odd, no problem here. Maybe try clearing your browser settings?
Tried that, along with an entirely different browser as I said in the OP.  No luck, unfortunately.

ItchyFlea

That's really odd. The file for the new image exists, or at least I'm able to see it when pointing my browser at it's url. (Here)
What happens if you try to view the image by itself with the link above?
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

deslona

I have the same problem, using firefox.

null

Works for me using Seamonkey 2.33.1.

_alphaBeta_

That's odd. Looks fine on Firefox 40.0.3.

Jorlem

Quote from: ItchyFlea on August 29, 2015, 07:45:23 AM
That's really odd. The file for the new image exists, or at least I'm able to see it when pointing my browser at it's url. (Here)
What happens if you try to view the image by itself with the link above?
I can load the gif directly via that link.  Having loaded it in this manner didn't fix the issue, incidentally.  For reference, I'm running Firefox 40.0.3, and my Chrome is version 44.0.2403.157 m.

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Jorlem on August 29, 2015, 08:47:00 PM
I can load the gif directly via that link.  Having loaded it in this manner didn't fix the issue, incidentally.  For reference, I'm running Firefox 40.0.3, and my Chrome is version 44.0.2403.157 m.

Since you can load the image when viewing it directly, then there must be a program or browser extension of some kind interfering with how the pages are being displayed to you.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Ranilin

I didn't feel like bringing up a topic for something so minor as this, but yeah, I've had the same issue for a while now (can load the linked image fine, never loads in-line though). I made sure all Chrome extensions were disabled to rule them out. Problem is not Chrome related only for me, but I don't use other browsers much if ever. IE fails to show the image.

However, the link posted by ItchyFlea and the image link in the page are actually different

https://ludeon.com/forums/Themes/BlackRainV3_20g_/images/english-utf8/new.gif - ItchyFlea's image

https://ludeon.com/forums/Themes/BlackRainV3_20g_/images/english/new.gif - non-loading image link - note the missing "-utf8"

The element when inspected in Chrome is pointing to a non-existing resource, if you try to load that image link directly.

Ranilin

Unless someone changed something else to fix it while I was tinkering, I fixed the problem for myself by going to Profile, Modify Account -> Account Settings, then changing Preferred Language.

Mine was listed as Arabic (no, I didn't set that), even though it was showing pages in English writing already. I specifically set it to English and save, the image now loads properly in Chrome and IE. Set it back to Arabic, pages show in a different language entirely as should have been expected (where, coincidentally, the image is broken again). Set it back to English where everything is working. The option stays showing English when I navigate away and come back to modify the profile, etc.

CSS and templating is not my area of expertise. However, I would say say I my profile actually didn't have a preferred language set. Arabic was showing as Preferred by default because it's the first option in a drop-down list with no option available for None-of-these, not because it's actually what was set.

Cimanyd

Quote from: Ranilin on August 29, 2015, 10:34:00 PM
Unless someone changed something else to fix it while I was tinkering, I fixed the problem for myself by going to Profile, Modify Account -> Account Settings, then changing Preferred Language.

Thanks, that worked for me as well!
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

Jorlem

Tried doing that on Firefox, and no luck here, unfortunately.

Tynan

I set the forum default language from English-ISO-8859-1 to English-UTF8.

Is it working now for you?
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog