[A12] Skynet SK v.1 (29.08.15)

Started by skyarkhangel, August 28, 2015, 09:39:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skyarkhangel

Adds a new mechanoid-type faction to the game. Skynet concluded that all of humanity would attempt to destroy it and impede its capability in safeguarding the world. Skynet's manifestation is that of an overarching, global, artificial intelligence hierarchy, which seeks to exterminate the human race in order to fulfill the mandates of its original coding.

For this solution, Skynet has these machines:

• The Terminator (type T-800) is an infiltration unit, part man - part machine. Underneath it's a hyperalloy combat chassis, microprocessor-controlled, fully armored, very tough. But outside it's living human tissue. Flesh, skin, hair, blood, grown for the cyborgs. The endoskeleton is actuated by a powerful network of hydraulic servomechanisms, making Terminators superhumanly strong.

• The Terminatrix (type T-X) is designed to not only terminate humans but also rogue Terminators reprogrammed by the Resistance, an "anti-terminator terminator". It is a composite of the T-800, a solid endoskeleton covered with a liquid metal "mimetic polyalloy", allowing it to take the shape of any humanoid it touches. Because it is only coated in this material, it is possible to remove it from the endoskeleton using immensely strong magnetic force, such as that from a cyclic particle accelerator.

PERMISSIONS
Personally restricted for Ninefinger with Ultimate Overhaul Modpack using any content made by skyarkhangel.

v.1

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Too-DAMN-Much

this sounds like it might be fun to play with for my next colony, i'm not entirely sure from the description though, the T-800 can be stolen from the enemy's faction somehow and converted into a colonist? but the T-X will come more often to terminate them if so?

skyarkhangel

Quote from: Too-DAMN-Much on August 28, 2015, 11:12:09 PM
this sounds like it might be fun to play with for my next colony, i'm not entirely sure from the description though, the T-800 can be stolen from the enemy's faction somehow and converted into a colonist? but the T-X will come more often to terminate them if so?

Nope. It works like mechanoid hive. In first version i make some art.. like Arnold Sh. and Kristanna Loken (TX, from Terminator 3)  :P

TX have combat power, like 1.5 centropede (weight). TX can kill two centopedes simultaneously. Moreover, use cover and such fast... very serious opponent. Of course only for those who have balls of steel 8)

Romi

rsof69

Pls make them tame able so I can have them as a pet :D

sorry for my bad english

erahbocm

Pleeeease make the type T-800's recruitable. It'd be amazing to have a T-800 as the Head of Security for my colony.

caboose410

Plz make both of them recruitable. But to make it balanced you'd have to craft stuffs like chips or large amount of research.

Match

Smexy_Vampire

Dragoon

You say the T-x is designed to terminate rouge/reprogrammed terminators. Do you have any future plans to allows to obtain the T-800s or any other not yet introduced terminators that allow them to do the anti-terminator terminator thing?
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Smexy_Vampire

would it be posable to make them captuarble after some research like the mia mod had a build-able  ai thingy so you could make the terminator need a spcial bed and a reprogram station some how ?

WarlordToby

Would appreciate having regular terminators... You know, mechanical skeletons those carry pulse rifles(?) and... Well, basic, slow skirmish units.

cgptonline

Skynet and ChatGPT both symbolize the remarkable advancements in AI technology. While Skynet has often been associated with cautionary tales in science fiction, ChatGPT showcases the positive potential of AI, especially in enhancing human communication and understanding. It's a reminder that the outcome of AI development ultimately depends on how we shape and utilize it.