[A12d] Enhanced Development - 0.04.00 - 07/11/2015

Started by Jaxxa, August 28, 2015, 09:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaxxa

Jaxxa

New version up. Added a Compatibility patch so that Shields can work against the weapons from the  Combat Realism mod.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=9759.0

Chivatha

having some issues getting textures for shields (fortress, small, ect) to load. any suggestions?

Jaxxa

Have you tried restarting the game?

Is it the textures for the actual building that is missing?

What is your load order?

Chivatha

I've tried restarting the game a number of times.
the preview image works fine but the actual building pulls up as a red box with an x
currently loading "ED-shields" last. had it loading 13th.
tried moving textures up the DIR tree with no change, currently back at default position.

error pulled "could not load unityengine.texture2d at things/shieldbuilding_blue in any active mod or in base resources"
"matfrom with null sourcetex"
does this for _blue, _smallblue, _green, _yellow... same error except for "_(color)"

thankfully not game breaking, merely annoying.

harpo99999

assuming you are on windows, it might be the user name in the path to the mods folder causeing the issue( had this happen a few alphas ago for some users) this can be proven by placing the rimworld folder in the 'C:' drive root directory, and if the problems do not happen then it could be the extended characters in the user name issue

Chivatha

Hayhorse

>Shields not on OP
>Demon posses body
>"WHERE ARE THE SHIELDS"
>Checks last page
>"Oh..."
>Demon leave body.

(Also a lerk post)

simon-82

Getting the following error with every shield using the CombatRealism patch.
Build shield - save game - load game - game semi-crashes + this error appears:

InvalidOperationException: SaveableFromNode exception: System.InvalidOperationException: SaveableFromNode exception: System.MissingMethodException: No constructor found for Combat_Realism_Compatibility.Shields.ShieldField::.ctor()

at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] args, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture, System.Object[] activationAttributes) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type, System.Object[] args, System.Object[] activationAttributes) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.ScribeExtractor.SaveableFromNode[ShieldField] (System.Xml.XmlNode subNode, System.Object[] ctorArgs) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Subnode:
<shieldField Class="Combat_Realism_Compatibility.Shields.ShieldField"><shieldMaxShieldStrength>4000</shieldMaxShieldStrength><shieldInitialShieldStrength>100</shieldInitialShieldStrength><shieldShieldRadius>8</shieldShieldRadius><shieldRechargeTickDelay>15</shieldRechargeTickDelay><shieldRecoverWarmup>900</shieldRecoverWarmup><shieldFireSupression>True</shieldFireSupression><shieldCurrentStrength_base>112</shieldCurrentStrength_base><tick>2775</tick><online>True</online><colourGreen>0.3764706</colourGreen><colourBlue>0.7294118</colourBlue><shieldBuilding>Building_ShieldStandard307098</shieldBuilding></shieldField>

at Verse.ScribeExtractor.SaveableFromNode[ShieldField] (System.Xml.XmlNode subNode, System.Object[] ctorArgs) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.Scribe_Deep.LookDeep[ShieldField] (Enhanced_Development.Shields.ShieldField& target, System.String label, System.Object[] ctorArgs) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Enhanced_Development.Shields.Building_Shield.ExposeData () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.ScribeExtractor.SaveableFromNode[Thing] (System.Xml.XmlNode subNode, System.Object[] ctorArgs) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Subnode:
<thing Class="Combat_Realism_Compatibility.Shields.Building_Shield"><def>Building_ShieldStandard</def><id>Building_ShieldStandard307098</id><pos>(123, 0, 74)</pos><health>500</health><faction>Colony508570295</faction><parentThing>PowerConduitInvisible270037</parentThing><shieldField Class="Combat_Realism_Compatibility.Shields.ShieldField"><shieldMaxShieldStrength>4000</shieldMaxShieldStrength><shieldInitialShieldStrength>100</shieldInitialShieldStrength><shieldShieldRadius>8</shieldShieldRadius><shieldRechargeTickDelay>15</shieldRechargeTickDelay><shieldRecoverWarmup>900</shieldRecoverWarmup><shieldFireSupression>True</shieldFireSupression><shieldCurrentStrength_base>112</shieldCurrentStrength_base><tick>2775</tick><online>True</online><colourGreen>0.3764706</colourGreen><colourBlue>0.7294118</colourBlue><shieldBuilding>Building_ShieldStandard307098</shieldBuilding></shieldField><flag_direct>True</flag_direct><flag_indirect>True</flag_indirect><flag_fireSupression>True</flag_fireSupression><flag_InterceptDropPod>True</flag_InterceptDropPod><flag_shieldRepairMode>True</flag_shieldRepairMode><flag_showVisually>True</flag_showVisually></thing>
  at Verse.ScribeExtractor.SaveableFromNode[Thing] (System.Xml.XmlNode subNode, System.Object[] ctorArgs) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.Scribe_Collections.LookList[Thing] (System.Collections.Generic.List`1& list, System.String label, LookMode lookMode, System.Object[] ctorArgs) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.MapIniter_LoadFromFile.InitMapFromFile (System.String fileName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.RootMap.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Error only occurs with the CR patch, unloading the patch fixes the error.

Greetings :)

NemesisN

can you make the shields work with CombatRealism patch

it brakes the game when you load up your world with shields
Join the RimWorld fan community group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1404635226524821/

Dude1925

Anyone else have the tiny wireless power node texture problem?

OSMC

Hey, I have been using this mod, but I cant figure out how to use the stargate to move between colonies. Anyone mind explaining how it all works?

Thunasura

I am also unable to figure out how to work the stargate.

Noticed a file within the main folder of rimworld  ("Mods", "RimWorld914Win_Data", "Source"...) called "StargateBackup.xml.bak" if that helps any.
The arcane exist, weld it and we will achieve works greater than that of the Japanese toilet!

gnomeknows

How does the wireless node mod work?  I have one node connected to a geothermal generator, and another node in my base with a power line to a production table and lights.  The node at the generator says its connected rate is 3600, but no matter what i try, the power net says "0", and no other nodes can receive power.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

dariorthan

Quote from: Thunasura on December 20, 2015, 08:22:00 PM
I am also unable to figure out how to work the stargate.

Noticed a file within the main folder of rimworld  ("Mods", "RimWorld914Win_Data", "Source"...) called "StargateBackup.xml.bak" if that helps any.
1. that xml.bak probably is a backup from your latest away team(stuff you sent through the gate), which you can see if you open it with any proper text editor
2.how to use the gate: in the package you download is a manual.pdf. in there are short tutorials how to use all the modules.
3. small/medium bug report with star gate travel from colony-a to colony-b:i sent a away team from my main colony to an uninhabited sector. the away team was 3 well equiped pioneers and some resources(stone/steal/packeged survival meal). when they arrived the began to work without a problem,but when it was time for bed the bug occured: they werent able to use beds. i spawned another colonist via debug and she could use the bed. one thing thats maybe important my pioneers where drafted when they walked through the gate.
4. one problem i have with stargates: even if you are just moving colonists over the map(not from colony to colony) it will delete the old colonist and just spawn another with the same stats as the old one