Small but not necessarily cheap suggestions

Started by Songleaves, August 28, 2015, 07:52:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Songleaves

Show summation of multiple selected items. So for instance, if I have a bunch of piles of leather lying around, I'd like it if when I double click one type of leather instead of just telling me muffalo Leather x 3 (the number of piles) it would also tell me below the total amount of muffalo leather selected. Currently when I plan what I want to tailor I have to double click a type of leather to find all the piles of that type of leather, then individually click on the piles to find out how much leather is in the pile, then mentally add them up in my head. Same issue with steel piles, silver piles, etc.

Disallow colonists from shooting their own animals, like how they can't shoot one another. Right now if you have animals attacking an enemy pawn, and you try and tell a group of your colonists to shoot the enemy pawn, it is easy to accidentally right click on your animals since they are basically overlapping with the enemy pawns when they're fighting.

Have an event where a jealous colonist uninstalls a luxury item from a colonist with a nicer room, and then reinstall it in their own room. :P

Ability to click on a job title in the work menu and have it check/uncheck/+1 priority to all the pawns. So for instance, clicking on Firefighting would cause the firefighting priority for everyone to move up by 1.

Bancheis

Quote from: Songleaves on August 28, 2015, 07:52:38 PM
Show summation of multiple selected items. So for instance, if I have a bunch of piles of leather lying around, I'd like it if when I double click one type of leather instead of just telling me muffalo Leather x 3 (the number of piles) it would also tell me below the total amount of muffalo leather selected. Currently when I plan what I want to tailor I have to double click a type of leather to find all the piles of that type of leather, then individually click on the piles to find out how much leather is in the pile, then mentally add them up in my head. Same issue with steel piles, silver piles, etc.

This information is already available in the materials list at the top left of the screen. You can toggle categorized mode by clicking the button for it on the bottom right, then expand the categories that you want to see so you can only show textiles and leathers that way. Mouse over them to see what they are.

mumblemumble

Still think this could be handy,  and honestly doubt its hard to code.  I would be nice to see how much stuff is left from a pod crash for instance
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Bancheis

Quote from: mumblemumble on August 29, 2015, 12:01:34 AM
Still think this could be handy,  and honestly doubt its hard to code.  I would be nice to see how much stuff is left from a pod crash for instance
True, the previously mentioned method only counts what is currently in your stockpiles. But that information would be nice to have for materials outside of your area.