Present Day Weapons:
Compound Bow
Ak-74
SAW

Future Weapons:
R-9 Heat Rifle
3-C Plasma Gun

What's your list?
WHAT IS RIM WORLD? A RAIDER DEATH BALL. LITERALLY.

Galileus

palandus

A Twin Belt-Fed, Quadruple Barrelled, Muzzle Braked, Automatic Shotgun.

Or maybe a Flash M202. That works too!

Untrustedlife

Quote from: palandus on January 05, 2014, 10:45:15 PM
A Twin Belt-Fed, Quadruple Barrelled, Muzzle Braked, Automatic Shotgun.

Or maybe a Flash M202. That works too!

Plasmathrower? (Futuristic flamethrower)
So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK

Trensicourt

GRENADES!!
Shrapnel
Smoke
Stun
Plasma
Nuclear

RPG!!
Anti-Armor
Plasma

parkourwalrus

We need some transcendent weapons. You know, psychic probes which use intelligence(either a new stat, or just research skill by another name) to either panic raiders or, when multiplayer is added, to drop the loyalty of enemy colonists. Or maybe a nanogrenade, which detonates to reveal nanobots that burrow inside people's bodies and cause havoc.

palandus

Psychic weapons like those in Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge?

Skie Killer

Physic skills with WH40K  taple top like rules/ideas  would be nice.

Untrustedlife

Low tech level people will exist in the he game to.
Swords/Bows/crossbows for these people.
Maybe with a twist.
So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK

Trensicourt

What about Barbarian Tribes that have Titanium Long Swords with Heavy Armor.

Galileus

You mean titanium AGM-114L longbow? Not sure if not a bit of a overkill. As for heavy armour, there are lots of problems with implementation of vehicles in tile based game.

And seriously... titanium swords?

AmalgamSnow

Titanium swords would just get ripped in two by anyone with steel, seeing as titanium needs to be fabricated pretty thick to enable durabilty (as it is susceptible to fatigue, that is, eventually it will just snap, dent, chip and so on). So these barbarians. They'd have to be pretty f***ing big to wield a titanium sword that has any value in combat, as it would have to be a good two inches thick, and frankly, that may as well be a hammer against my colonists, who im pretty sure would just s*** themselves to death from seeing a giant, sword wielding barbarian (even bigger than twinblade from Fable!) :'(

Galileus

Well, I was actually more concerned about barbarians having the necessary space-age tech to actually make a proper (not giant :P) titanium alloys and yet building swords out of them...

Then again, taking alternative scientific paths into account when designing all these different cultures could be interesting. What if indeed these barbarians have spaceships, but never actually discovered firearms? Or maybe put some diesel-punk siege equipment in there? Darn, diesel catapult sounds badass :P

Then again, soooooo hard to properly justify :P

parkourwalrus

Dieselpunk should be a tech level, you know: caveman tech level, medieval tech, napoleonic tech, Dieselpunk tech,modern tech(What we have now), future tech(The r-4 and near future stuff), post-fall tech(relics from an age of endless, destructive war), and transcendent tech(psionics, ethereal implants, dimensional warps, and other cool stuff).

Galileus

Quote from: parkourwalrus on January 07, 2014, 06:28:12 PM
Dieselpunk should be a tech level, you know: caveman tech level, medieval tech, napoleonic tech, Dieselpunk tech,modern tech(What we have now), future tech(The r-4 and near future stuff), post-fall tech(relics from an age of endless, destructive war), and transcendent tech(psionics, ethereal implants, dimensional warps, and other cool stuff).

As long as the deadline for that module is set to 10 years from now, I can back it up. Or if Sid Meier drops by to say "Hi Tynan, take my staff and command them as your own!".

Let's get what we have up to speed first. I would much rather see one well flushed out civ level, than ten of them with no depth to speak of.