Furniture Quality

Started by Snownova, August 29, 2015, 02:05:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snownova

I have a quick question about Alpha 12. How is furniture quality determined? Is it purely by the construction skill of the builder, or does his artistic skill play into it at all? Or is it just completely random?

Rahjital

Purely construction skill I think. My level 18 builder has already crafted a legendary dining chair and many masterwork ones, despite his artistic skill being only 2.

laston

I really want to sell the crappy stuff.

harpo99999

instead of selling dismantle, then build new

laston

Quote from: harpo99999 on August 29, 2015, 06:10:17 PM
instead of selling dismantle, then build new

Then you lose half the materials. I would think high enough social you could recoup the money.

atnoslen

On my last play through I had a level 20 construction toon.  I went to build royal beds out of wood and out of 10 builds I had 4 superior and 6 good quality.  Couldn't get anything higher than superior.

Nebbie

Quote from: atnoslen on August 30, 2015, 11:23:52 AM
On my last play through I had a level 20 construction toon.  I went to build royal beds out of wood and out of 10 builds I had 4 superior and 6 good quality.  Couldn't get anything higher than superior.
I've gotten many excellent-quality beds from constructors near level 10, you probably just had bad luck (quality seems very random, even level 10s make as many normal or poor as they do good or superior).

Apophis

Quote from: atnoslen on August 30, 2015, 11:23:52 AM

Maybe the person building had poor manipulation or sight? I think that would influence the quality. I have a guy with 20 in construction as well, and he has produced his fair share of legendary animal beds, and even more masterworks.

atnoslen

Nope. Age 46, 20 construction, 20 mining, 20 artistic.  Backstory: Caveworld Tunneler, Starship Janitor.  Traits: Cold tolerant, careful shooter, hard worker.  Needs +17.  Health is perfect.  No injuries.

Constructed 100 Wooden Royal Bed, 10 beds per batch
Indoors, 70F
60% light to all beds

Normal: 7
Good: 22
Superior: 29
Excellent: 26
Masterwork: 15
Legendary: 1

That distribution, according to this chart http://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Quality, lines up to around a 16 skill level.

TLHeart

Quote from: atnoslen on September 04, 2015, 09:28:46 PM
Nope. Age 46, 20 construction, 20 mining, 20 artistic.  Backstory: Caveworld Tunneler, Starship Janitor.  Traits: Cold tolerant, careful shooter, hard worker.  Needs +17.  Health is perfect.  No injuries.

Constructed 100 Wooden Royal Bed, 10 beds per batch
Indoors, 70F
60% light to all beds

Normal: 7
Good: 22
Superior: 29
Excellent: 26
Masterwork: 15
Legendary: 1

That distribution, according to this chart http://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Quality, lines up to around a 16 skill level.

well that wiki page was for alpha 11.... alpha 12 was not yet released, and Tynan changes many things with each alpha, that he lumps into misc.

zecorezecron

The page on quality was for pre Alpha 11 at the very least.  I know in Alpha 12 I had an LV 20 crafter with all kinds of bionic improvements getting pretty much only one in 10 or so getting masterwork and all of one legendary item for the whole game of constantly making clothing to sell.