Pet naming in regards to autonaming by the game

Started by skullywag, August 29, 2015, 08:31:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullywag

I dont like it.

Chick 1 is a rooster, i cant change it. It upsets my tidy nature :(

It either needs to be automatic or we should be able to change it.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Elixiar

+1 to animal naming.

Squirrel 1 is just weird...
"We didn't crash here by accident... something brought us down". - Anon Rimworld Colonist

LouisTBR

Yeah, I reported this as a bug (the chick/cockerel thing) when the game was in testing. He said that the only way to re-name was by nuzzling, but that wasn't my point. I couldn't reply because he locked the topic. But, yeah, will need to be implemented if Tynan wants to keep his OCD fanbase!
Only in RimWorld is the phrase "31 Heavily-Armed Siegers are currently bombing your base" preferable to "50 manhunting squirrels are attacking your colony"

Mikicas

Yes and even if your dog is a male the game put him Elena.xD
We are only a Pale Blue Dot in the infinity of the existence.
https://youtu.be/Jt9fkPabvRg?list=FL61KFQw0xsngY6D1Pkay4oQ

SpookCrow

You can manually name pawns if you don't like their name... but you can't manually name pets...
"Fear is the enemy within you that can lead to your demise." -Spook

LanMc

Hi, my name is Lan and I am a Rimworld addict...

falcongrey

If I remember, Tynan said this was going to be addressed at some point in the future but not before his 6 month deserved rest.  Though, I have the feeling Tynan isn't going to simply 'drop everything' Rimworld related for 6 months. Doesn't seem like his nature.

If and when this happens I will also be happy. I'm not OCD, but it is REALLY hard to keep track of chick 1 through whatever when you are trying to manage a chicken farm for example without increased micromanagement. Can't separate the males easily from females and what not.
It matters not if we win or fail. It's that we stood and faced it.