Awesome music

Started by Shipwrecked_and_Comatosed, August 29, 2015, 11:09:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shipwrecked_and_Comatosed

For ages now I've really been wanting to give feedback and say that I absolutely love the music in this game, it is flipping awesome, and really sets the feeling and the tone for everything :) it's just perfect, especially the new additions! Huge props to the person(s) behind the score! You're doing a marvelous job!

A Friend

"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

Lerxst

It's very Firefly-ish. Not actually a bad thing mind you!

https://youtu.be/D7vS4z6ngQo?list=PLEFB1FDDC54890FD8

Alistair Lindsay

Hey guys! Thank you so much for you kind words about the music. I have absolutely LOVED making the music for RimWorld!

Soon (hopefully in a couple of months) I will release the first of two volumes of the RimWorld Official Soundtrack album (I'm still writing more music for it at present).

I will of course let everybody know its ready for release when the time comes via this forum and twitter etc. :-)
Cheers,
Alistair.

ble210

I wholeheartedly agree!  The music sets the tone perfectly for this game, and adds so much to the overall experience.

Trish42

All praise from me as well, the music is awesome, and the new songs as well! :) Being an avid gamer, I'd say the music is a crucial component to the gaming experience and I've played more than a number of games that had great story/mechanics but the music was all wrong and it had destroyed the whole experience.

Futrettamer

I don't get any game sounds/music. My speakers are fine as I've been playing other music. Any suggestions?

dawngael

Alistair,  I'm enjoying the music in A12 so much.  Sometimes I log into the game and leave it paused and just listen or have it as background music to other tasks.   I'm so looking forward to a soundtrack release.

Coenmcj

It truly is a blast loading up Rimworld during the testing phases to get my ears caressed by new, amazing tunes each time. :) Cheers Al!

Quote from: Futrettamer on September 05, 2015, 01:02:34 AM
I don't get any game sounds/music. My speakers are fine as I've been playing other music. Any suggestions?
Might want to shift over to the support thread mate, we might be able to help better that way. :)
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Noobshock

Yup, I encouraged Tynan to keep investing in good original music because it really does help sell the whole universe, especially with a game that's played at that level of abstraction (pawns etc) and I'm very happy to see he's one of those guys who does get it, seems that for a lot of them out there music is just an afterthought. Either way great work Alistair, there's already quite a bit but I always hope to hear more before this is over :D

juanval

Great music that creates a beautiful atmosphere. High quality music for a high quality game.

MisterVertigo

It's great to hear that you are writing more music, and that you will release a soundtrack! I very much look forward to that!
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub