Disguised Assassins/Bounty Hunters and Saboteurs

Started by Untrustedlife, January 06, 2014, 12:11:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Untrustedlife

There should be more non-raider threats for the player to deal with that add depth and interest and fun challenges to the game.

I have seen these suggested many many times on the story teller incident thread so i decided to make a full suggestion for it.

;)

There should be a small chance (based on the storyteller AI)
that a citizen could either be a hired assassin/bounty hunter (who actually is coming to your base to kill a specific person who has upset a powerful person) who tries to hide themselves until they have a good shot at killing their target.
They would try to escape after killing the target. But before that they would act as normal colonists (despite their evil intentions until they CAN kill the target somehow (collapsing a mine they are are working in, poisoning them, shooting or stabbing them) when there are no witnesses around.

There should also be a chance that a colonist could be a saboteur , who is coming to your base to destroy a certain important item or just cause havoc.) They would hide themselves until they have an opening as-well, but then they will try to blow up part of your base or a machine) then they will try to escape.

NOTE:None of the starter colonists would EVER be a assassin or saboteur.
Also
There should always be some way of identifying the saboteur or assassin before they finish their jobs, maybe colonists will find them strange or they will have strange habits that the player could pick up on if they are paying attention. In time to jail them before they complete their mission.

Maybe the background of the colonist holds some hints as-well. And maybe they will hide their weapon somewhere in the room they are assigned or somewhere in the base.

I believe it would be a very cool addition.

And it wouldn't happen on the easier AI settings. Or would be much much rarer.

You guys got any idea on how to improve this idea?
What do you think?

So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK

AmalgamSnow

GJ ripping off this threads final suggestion, which you could have been more subtle with by changing the name of saboteur/assassin to something a little less rip-offy.

Untrustedlife

What? Who is GJ. I found out that means "Good Job"
I came up with this idea on my own, provide good feedback or leave.

If you are talking about this thread?
http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=1304.0

I noticed that thread AFTER i made this suggestion and commented on it and made sure it wasn't the same, which it definitely isn't, my take is different completely.I want the assassin/sabatoer to hang out in your base disguised as a colonist you can control for a while before it does things. And you have to figure out who is a assassin or saboteur before they can get their "Job" done.
They also do announce themselves when they enter. Because they want to be a part of your base, so they can get in without suspicion.

Just because two people want something added to the game doesn't mean that they stole the idea from each other. We just used one similar word "Saboteur"  it isn't like he is the only person who knows of that word. Nor does he have the word copyrighted. The key word on this post is Disguised.
Don't jump to conclusions, also link me to his idea please.

Or better yet, you have any ideas for a better name?
So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK

AmalgamSnow

lol it didnt link the thread ffs, its really old im not finding it again xD but its basically the same >.>