Rules update

Started by Tynan, August 29, 2015, 04:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tynan

I've updated the rules.

Mods now must specify some basic license terms.

This won't be enforced immediately, but it will be in the long term. This is to protect us all from unnecessary conflict and confusion around people making modpacks and derivative mods. Please review the rules.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

KielOH

Exe19

Why KielOH? A few extra words are very tiny price for avoiding a lot of potential community frictions.

ItchyFlea

I'm in favour of this.
I have the licence terms for my mods written directly into my signature, because I've released "a couple" of mods and am lazy and don't want to write that into every mod post.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

RemingtonRyder

I've always encouraged using my mods in packs. Although, with no offence intended, sometimes less is more. ;)

Anyway, I've added a license to my main mod release post. I've even given examples of usage.

Quote from: MarvinKosh on December 12, 2014, 12:10:53 PM
You may use the mods in this pack to create your own derivative mods or derivative modpacks, as long as they are distinguished as such e.g. ItchyFlea's Reloaded Biomes, eatKenny's Ultra Minification, skullywag's Reduced Incident Spam. ;)

Mechanoid Hivemind

I am gonna barge in here and say pin this to the top because i am seeing alot of new people making mods who may not have seen this
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Loki88

Quote from: Mechanoid Hivemind on September 11, 2015, 10:09:31 PM
I am gonna barge in here and say pin this to the top because i am seeing alot of new people making mods who may not have seen this

I'm not new (3 days 16 hours and 15 mins logged in time) and I only just saw this...

RemingtonRyder

pigman999999999

Quote from: Loki88 on September 12, 2015, 02:05:07 AM

I'm not new (3 days 16 hours and 15 mins logged in time) and I only just saw this...
I always have the forms open night and day so rekt nerd IDK why its open all day everyday wow only 21 hours and 38 mins well thats odd its always up and my computer on maybe it has to be on the page yea maybe thats it.

Loki88

Quote from: pigman999999999 on September 15, 2015, 06:13:15 PM
Quote from: Loki88 on September 12, 2015, 02:05:07 AM

I always have the forms open night and day so rekt nerd IDK why its open all day everyday wow only 21 hours and 38 mins well thats odd its always up and my computer on maybe it has to be on the page yea maybe thats it.

Maybe it has an inactivity timeout if the page is sitting there doing nothing? I'm posting this from my phone at work right now (i'm being super productive :P ) which might explain some of my log time.

pigman999999999