Poll for including mods in vanilla ?

Started by spawny, September 07, 2015, 05:44:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spawny

Hi,
I've just realized after 12D update how the game seems a little broken without some mods. The mod that i am particularly refering to is edB interface (and some others, but this is a must). So is it viable to make a poll so people could vote let's say 1-5 mods that should be included in the vanilla game ? Would it be taken in cosideration ? Because if edB one day just gets sick of developing the mod for every alpha, we won't have the colonist bar (without it the game is just broken) and a lot of other features.

RoboticManiac

I'm against it. In fact, I quite dislike the Edb interface.

zandadoum

Quote from: RoboticManiac on September 07, 2015, 06:18:02 PM
I'm against it. In fact, I quite dislike the Edb interface.
turn on/off switch (default: off) problem solved, everyone happy

Toggle

Not solved. That's a thing people say a lot in suggestions, oh if you don't like it just have a toggle switch to turn it off... That's just more work for Tynan. He isn't about to have 2 entirely different interfaces he has to update and bugfix all the time. He already said too he won't add toggles, it's more work to maintain the options.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

b0rsuk

On/Off switch is the magic fairy dust that solves EVERYTHING!

TheGentlmen

Quote from: b0rsuk on September 08, 2015, 12:17:20 AM
On/Off switch is the magic fairy dust that solves EVERYTHING!

TOGGLE MASS MURDERS
TOGGLE CRIMINALS
TOGGLE EVIL
TOGGLE CRIME
TOGGLE Z0MBIE2
TOGGLE LIFE

Tagasaki

that's why there are mods to choose from and besides that, there's toggle to on/off the mods so why integrate it when it's already there.

if the mod developer got sick of developing any further, there are others who are willing to continue his/her work, especially so if the popularity is high.