My new pet

Started by Mechanoid Hivemind, August 30, 2015, 10:12:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mechanoid Hivemind

This is my new pet, just 60-70 days after landing on this planet, i got me a thrumbo :D with in 14 hours my lvl 20 herder got him. (and much much food later) Any one else have 1 or 2 of the majestic beasts?
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

GamerGuy

I bought one before and exactly 4 days later a sniper killed him 1 shot to the brain. i cried

MultiDavid

Ive seen a couple pass by, but the description scares me, and that small % chance of it deciding to go ham and killing the person trying to tame it isn't exactly good for my health and well being.

Mechanoid Hivemind

save scum is what i kinda did. He lost his shit once but the other times he just kept leaving
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Rahjital

Quote from: GamerGuy on August 30, 2015, 10:30:52 AM
I bought one before and exactly 4 days later a sniper killed him 1 shot to the brain. i cried

Are you playing modded? My thrumbo got a pila into the brain when an entire tribal raid charged her, but it only left her with minor brain damage. Thrumbos have 130 hitpoints in brain, so a vanilla sniper rifle shouldn't even be able to kill it with two headshots unless it's a baby.

Either way, losing a thrumbo that way is really unlucky.

Coenmcj

1 Shot to the head killed it? ;-; That's some seriously overpowered sniper rifle... what was it? A bloody Glitterworld Railgun?
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

jamesinar

Probably using combat realism. They go down fast with that mod.

Facepunch

I had a thrumbo pass by, once. He went apeshit and took my handler's head off with 1 hit.

Mechanoid Hivemind

Well this save died and i lost my thrumbo :/

Zeta Omega

I really wish I had one.....

Also silence...that's a perfect name if I ever saw one

Also...
LONG LIVE THE MECHANOIDS!

BinaryBlackhole

Trumbo breeding programs don't work they die before you even get one baby.

zecorezecron

I actually tamed TWO thrumbos once.  I had to gun them down, stick them in a couple of cryptosleep caskets then make a pen for them.  Took for freaking ever and I was using that cybernetics mod to make my tamer better.  Of course this was after I had actually bought one from a trader.