Harvest fail chance bug

Started by DestroyX, August 30, 2015, 01:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DestroyX

Heyho^^

found a bug with the new harvest fail chance thing^^
got a modded game with "slightly" stronger bionics n stuff.

basically i got way higher than normal sight, manipulation and conciousness.
however, that doesnt decrease, but rather increases the fail chance, so my high end cyborg guy can headshot people across the map, but when he tries to fell a tree he probably chops 88% of em into orbit, so the wood gets lost.

the only explaination i got :D

TLHeart

From the how to report bugs;

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=513.0

-Do not post bugs from games with mods active. This forum is only for bugs in the base game. If you find a bug with a mod active, inform the mod author.

Cimanyd

With a little testing in dev mode, it looks like this is how it works in the base game. With 100% consciousness, sight, and manipulation, the harvest fail chance is what it should be for the growing skill, but increasing one of those three stats increases the chance, and decreasing it decreases the chance. (This would make sense for anything where an increase is beneficial, of course, but with fail chances lower is better, so better stats should lower the number.)

Of course, it's only as noticeable as it is here because the stats are modded to be 1000%+.
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

Tynan

It is a true bug in the base game - should be addressed.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

ison