Animal Maturity

Started by LouisTBR, August 30, 2015, 02:21:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LouisTBR

I found many different ages of maturity in the animals in the game, but I deleted the post by accident! I am referring to sexual maturity, btw. It seems odd that a 2 year old male alpaca can mate with an 11 year old female alpaca.
Only in RimWorld is the phrase "31 Heavily-Armed Siegers are currently bombing your base" preferable to "50 manhunting squirrels are attacking your colony"

Toggle

What part of this exactly is a suggestion?
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

LouisTBR

I am suggesting that Tynan reviews the animal sexual ,maturity age and transferrs it into Rimworld. Problem?
Only in RimWorld is the phrase "31 Heavily-Armed Siegers are currently bombing your base" preferable to "50 manhunting squirrels are attacking your colony"

Toggle

So you're suggestion the game factors the life stage into mating. You didn't really suggestion anything originally, you just said it seems odd.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

JesterHell

Why is it weird? animals don't really care about age difference only sexual maturity and while I don't know about any of the other animals in the game a quick google search on alpacas returned this.

QuoteQ.  At what age do alpacas start breeding?

A.  Females become sexually mature at around 12 to 18 months of age and once they reach 90 - 100 pounds in weight. Males can display sexual interest from a few weeks of age but are not sexually active or fertile until 18 months to 3 years of age. (There will be individuals that fall outside this age range.)

https://www.alpacas.com/QnA/Breeding.aspx

So it seams to be within the correct range and could even be dropped slightly lower and still be technically accurate.