Make class AgeInjuryUtility public

Started by soulkata, August 30, 2015, 06:22:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soulkata

I dont know where is the best place to ask this... but how to ask to the class "AgeInjuryUtility" and its methods to be make public?

Latta

You can't make something private to public, except when you ask Tynan. Or use reflection if you just need one single method, but I'd just make my own.

I don't know what you are making, but as it is Utility, I assume you can copy and paste decompiled source?

RemingtonRyder

The change in A12 for this is to basically compare the pawn's biological age with their life expectancy. Hence the A11 HeDiffAgeGainers XML file has vanished, replaced by the HediffGiverSets XML file in HediffGiverSetDefs folder.

AgeInjuryUtility takes a look at the values defined by the XML and finds the point on a curve plotted by those values which corresponds to the pawn's biological birthday, then rolls to see if the pawn gets that heDiff. At least, that's how I understand it.

soulkata

Quote from: Latta on August 30, 2015, 07:55:56 PM
You can't make something private to public, except when you ask Tynan.

Well, this is the objective of this thread... There is a special place for this requests, or just DM Tynan?

Or use reflection if you just need one single method, but I'd just make my own.
The reflected code is pretty messy, with many "yield return"...

I don't know what you are making, but as it is Utility, I assume you can copy and paste decompiled source?

I am creating new Pawns, coping atributes from another ones!