[CustomScenario] Boommuffalo in Windy Valley

Started by ItchyFlea, January 06, 2014, 08:05:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItchyFlea

This is a custom scenario where you were caught off-guard by some rather cunning Mercenaries after a deal went sour.

Premise: A deal with some mercenaries went horribly wrong. They killed two of your colonists and left, vowing revenge.
They've come back, they destroyed your solar panels from orbit and used some strange device that changed all the Muffalo into small vicious creatures.

No mods are required to play this scenario. Simply download, unzip and place in your RimWorld save folder.

Easy:  7 Boommuffalo, 50HP each
Normal:  12 Boommuffalo, 50/100HP each
Hard: 17 Boommuffalo, 100HP each

Outdated. Does not work in RimWorld 0.1.334

Couple of notes:
• The storyteller AI has been disabled.
• You'll really need to think outside of the box on this one. Sacrifices may need to be made.

Credits:
BoomMuffalo concept: The Mad Boommuffalo Project!

This is Windy Valley:
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Tynan

I kind of wanna play it, but I wish someone would YouTube it too.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Blitz

Quote from: Tynan on January 24, 2014, 05:29:42 PM
I kind of wanna play it, but I wish someone would YouTube it too.

I played it a few days ago and uploaded it with the space ship escape yesterday. I sure hope more stuff like this gets developed.

http://youtu.be/8DPDK6v79sg

Tynan

Nice scenario. I like how you used the letter to do a little intro.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

ItchyFlea

I'm glad you enjoy the Scenario's.  ;D
I definitely intend to make some more scenario's, as well as trying to keep these ones updated so they work with future versions of RimWorld.

I also want to mention that your strategy for winning this scenario was quite fun to watch. I hadn't thought of selling the walls as a viable way of escaping the BoomMuffalo.

The double doors aren't possible to build in-game. You need to edit the save file to add the second door.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

Blitz

Quote from: ItchyFlea on January 24, 2014, 10:55:14 PM
I'm glad you enjoy the Scenario's.  ;D
I definitely intend to make some more scenario's, as well as trying to keep these ones updated so they work with future versions of RimWorld.

I also want to mention that your strategy for winning this scenario was quite fun to watch. I hadn't thought of selling the walls as a viable way of escaping the BoomMuffalo.

The double doors aren't possible to build in-game. You need to edit the save file to add the second door.

I learned after playing your raid the base scenario that it is best to record all of the attempts. I can only imagine how difficult it was to do all of these changes.  It is a lot of fun to figure out the puzzle. Great work Itchy!

Razorsharp

I thought about this idea, and wondered about a wicked zombie survival scenario. That would not only get the attention of older rimworld players, but new ones aswell. The idea would be that a recently mined alien crystal (or something of the sort) has started emitting some sonic waves, virus or whatnot that turns your miners in to mindless minions that attack any normal human being on sight. "Ah, but you have guns and they don't, that makes it easy!" You say. Well, if there were numerous counts of "zombies" (a ratio of 1/5 would) then it would be balanced, but laggy on old machines. The other solution would be the zombies get the abbility to insta-incapacitate anyone (walking dead style infection) and then kill them.

A few other ideas would do
*One piece of custom furniture - the barricade. Would be shootable trough, but not passable, and easier to destroy than sandbag walls.
*Custom zombie skin, you know, green or something like that, so it would be easy to tell the difference.

ItchyFlea

Razorsharp

Yeah! Also their health increased. Thanks, will be following that thread :)