Pet warg

Started by ascdren, August 31, 2015, 09:16:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ascdren

Started off with a pet warg.... not complaining about spawning with a mega killing machine but not sure if this is a bug or not as only spawned with dogs before

Shinzy

it can be random
My starting warg Banshee had cataracts and she was really old
(I was kinda excited for the brief moment until I checked her health)

Edit:
I think there's still some limits like you probably won't have spaceship elephants

Panzer

I think you re limited to dogs, started with labradors, yorkies, huskies and warg. Warg is nice but training him can be a pain in the ass, and he eats meat exclusively, those are the drawbacks. A husky is my favorite starting pet since hes not a picky eater and can be easily trained.

SlimeCrusher

Quote from: Panzer on August 31, 2015, 10:05:46 AMI think you re limited to dogs, started with labradors, yorkies, huskies and warg.
Nope, i spawned in with a monkey (even though i slaughtered him mercifully, i hate monkeys!), so i suppose you're limited to small animals, like squirrels, dogs, monkeys, boomrats, etc...

MultiDavid

I got a warg twice in a row, yeah, it ain't a bug, but early on they are kinda useless >_>

Panzer

lol you can say that when you get a yorkie, ankle-biting cannonfodder. If I could I would make slippers out of them, sadly thats not in the game (yet).

Saw Candyman

You need a pro tamer to make a Warg useful, but they can be deadly if you have the meat, time, and patience to train it.
Magic Conch, my least favorite colonist (who has cataracts and is incapable of Dumb Labor) is bleeding to death! What should I do?

"Nothing."

THE MAGIC CONCH HAS SPOKEN!

b0rsuk

Yorkies don't even nuzzle anymore.

Saw Candyman

Yorkies are the bane of my existence. I'd take anything else any day! BTW, is it possible to start with a pet Thrumbo?
Magic Conch, my least favorite colonist (who has cataracts and is incapable of Dumb Labor) is bleeding to death! What should I do?

"Nothing."

THE MAGIC CONCH HAS SPOKEN!

ascdren

Quote from: Saw Candyman on August 31, 2015, 02:18:34 PM
is it possible to start with a pet Thrumbo?

not seen one yet so dunno, but doubt it

Shinzy

If I'm not horribly wrong the chance of animal being a pet at start is based on their "petness"
that's a thing.

all the dogs have petness of 1
warg has petness of 0.5
and monkey 0.25
other animals don't have petness at all
So this makes sense =P

Kraehe

Quote from: Saw Candyman on August 31, 2015, 02:18:34 PM
Yorkies are the bane of my existence. I'd take anything else any day! BTW, is it possible to start with a pet Thrumbo?

Yes with:

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6261.0a<

nverbe

Yorkies are the best!

i've been pretty happy with whatever the game throws my way. i like the randomness of it all sometimes. it makes for a good story.

I landed with a yorkie last game,  I gave it immediately to the greedy and abrasive colonist, (also very random, I don't even check out my colonists before I start).  I imagined her walking around berating my other colonists in the most stuck up way.  She was a fantastic 2 flame constructor however, and when we struck gold, I promptly had her construct golden sleeping box (masterwork) for her pet yorkie to put into her throne room of a bedroom.