Breeding.

Started by Mechanoid Hivemind, August 31, 2015, 10:22:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alitaria

I have a question.
Do animals not breed within their own family tree? I seem to have slaughtered my original Breeding pair of Huskies and now breeding has come to a complete stop, despite having several males and females in a relatively enclosed space :/
Context is key when discussing RimWorld in public

bunz4u

Quote from: Alitaria on September 30, 2015, 07:48:28 PM
I have a question.
Do animals not breed within their own family tree? I seem to have slaughtered my original Breeding pair of Huskies and now breeding has come to a complete stop, despite having several males and females in a relatively enclosed space :/

If you're asking if you can breed different types of species that fall under a larger broader specie (e.g. breeding a husky with a labrador), I am pretty certain the answer is no :(

Alitaria

Quote from: bunz4u on September 30, 2015, 08:20:40 PM
If you're asking if you can breed different types of species that fall under a larger broader specie (e.g. breeding a husky with a labrador), I am pretty certain the answer is no :(
Nah i mean within the same breed. Husky to Husky
Context is key when discussing RimWorld in public

night32

Quote from: Endoric on September 29, 2015, 07:59:55 PM
Quote from: Exe19 on September 28, 2015, 10:51:18 AM
Pregnancies become visible at the start of the second trimester.
Less advanced pregnancies can be viewed in the dev mode.

how.  i know how to turn on dev mode, just not specifically see pregnancy states

while dev mode is turned on, click on the animal you wanna know if it's pregnant or not, then select the health tab. there is a  (by default) unchecked option called "Dev:AllDiffs." If you check it, a new status will come up called "Pregnant (early-stage-hidden)" if it is indeed pregnant. Without dev mode, you have to wait until middle-stage pregnancy to find out. Dev mode you can find out asap with the option checked.