Vitals Monitors

Started by TLHeart, August 31, 2015, 12:10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLHeart

Interesting,

The description for the vitals monitor says, "Increases patients treatment quality. Needs to be placed adjacent to a medical bed. One medical bed can be linked to only one vitals monitor."

From that description I also assumed that we needed one vitals monitor per bed.

Not true, as ison states from this bug report.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=15711.msg165897#new

The second vitals monitor from the top supports 2 beds, making the first one inactive (because 1 bed can be connected to only 1 vitals monitor). Currently vitals monitor can support any number of beds provided that they are adjacent (maybe this will change in next alphas).

So with creative layout, one vital monitor can support 8 medical beds. Just put the monitor in the center of the ring of beds.

DarknessEyes

Quote from: TLHeart on August 31, 2015, 12:10:56 PM
Interesting,

The description for the vitals monitor says, "Increases patients treatment quality. Needs to be placed adjacent to a medical bed. One medical bed can be linked to only one vitals monitor."

From that description I also assumed that we needed one vitals monitor per bed.

Not true, as ison states from this bug report.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=15711.msg165897#new

The second vitals monitor from the top supports 2 beds, making the first one inactive (because 1 bed can be connected to only 1 vitals monitor). Currently vitals monitor can support any number of beds provided that they are adjacent (maybe this will change in next alphas).

So with creative layout, one vital monitor can support 8 medical beds. Just put the monitor in the center of the ring of beds.

1 bed can only be linked to one vital monitor, but 1 vital monitor can be connected to 2 beds from what i have seen. Same happen with tools item.
De Surgeries
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=18976.0
Adds 26 new surgeries to Rimworld.

TLHeart

here is a quick screenshot of how to connect 8 beds to 1 monitor.

Pezz

Huh, really interesting find there o: Not sure if intended, but I'll be darned if it doesn't make life somewhat easier > u<

Toggle

It seems it's quite intended.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

nverbe

"One Medical bed can be linked to only one vitals monitor"
The description supports that functionality.

The reserve isn't necessarily true.
One vitals monitor can be linked to only one bed.

We have no reason to infer the reserve from the original description.

When I read the description I interpreted it as I only needed one vitals monitor for a few beds.

And with the tool cabinets I interpreted as I only needed 2 cabinets for all of my work benches. (which is also true)

Whether it's the intended fuctionality remains to be seen.

Too-DAMN-Much

Quote from: Z0MBIE2 on August 31, 2015, 07:12:17 PM
It seems it's quite intended.

comparing to RL EKG would mean that this thing is technologically advanced well beyond humanity, though, or maybe they put buttons to switch patients on it, who knows, i'll be maybe too honest and say i kinda like it this way but not to the point of 8 beds connected to the same one, i had already planned to alternate medical beds and vitals monitors across the top of one large hospital or "ward" room without spaces, this seems to simply let me do that in a more compact design.