Hole Assassins Event & Oil Mecanics & Town Bell

Started by madman313, September 03, 2015, 09:12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madman313

Hole assassins

2 assassins spawn in a bedroom from a tunnel they dug, while some one is sleeping and have a hit list to take out the person that is sleeping.
When the target is downed, dead or one of the assassins is downed or dead or another colonist enters the targets room to help. They flee down the hole they dug to get into the room.
If the hole is not removed in 24 hours from when the event ended, a full scale attack is lunched and they spawn from the hole.

The oil mechanic idea wont get added but thought it up anyway :)

Where do i start...
Kinda like the steam geyser but only 1 of them on each map maybe 2 for a much larger maps but there oil Traps.
You research an oil refinery for like 3000 points.
When the research is complete, an event will pop up 3 - 5 days after for a (pregnant) oil hauling OX.
You need oil to launch the ship to get off Rimworld.
A generator can be built to power up 1 item even thought a solar flare.
The dodgy generator wears out and needs to be filled up with petrol to keep working.
The mechanic will need a "Boiler" to make fuel out of oil.
The mechanic fills up generators and fixes generators.
And lastly it needs a mechanic skill for this to work.

I think the oil trap could work on its own with a little solar panel on top or something, so it only works though the day unless you power it other ways.
Mechanics, Haulers and Hauling-OXs can retrieve oil.
Maybe there could be a limit of oil per oil trap before it runs out?
Im not sure about the oil to fuel the space ship to leave Rimworld, might be to hard for some people.

Town Bell

The town bell alerts your whole settlement and gets everyone ready for battle.
With options and settings you could ring the bell 2, 3, or 4 times and they mean different things.
eg: 3 rings could mean gear up with a clothing set and go to position that you mark out and wait with guns out ready.
I think if this was put in you could expand from it, making other options that do other stuff.
Not sure if you would ring it with your mouse or get the nearest colonist to ring the bell.

Anyway hope you like my ideas, they can be changed or toned up or down. These poped into my head today lol :)
They might be to op or useless, i dont mind ;) I dont mind if you steal my ideas, change and post them elsewhere.
I might try make a mod for these ideas or at least try :)
Thanks for reading :)

JimmyAgnt007

I think if we changed Assassins to a more generic Tunnelers event where they would randomly appear in any roofed area to steal/kill then leave then it would be a lot more fun.  They could come up in your hospital and take some organs/bionics then leave.  Or they come to kill someone for a bounty and leave with their corpse.  That way its a much more flexible system.

As for oil, I agree that if it comes it wont be any time soon.  I think yours is a bit over complicated, given we dont even have refinement for wood or metal yet.  Also we have an antimatter reactor for the ship.  I can see oil being used as fuel for a power plant that could burn oil or wood.  Id like to see a primitive power plant like that being immune to the solar flair event.  Then maybe for plastics? Being able to make plasteal?  Pollution would be a problem, maybe leaving smog as a dirt that needs to be cleaned. 

madman313

haha that would be funny! They pop up and steal your cooking station and leave haha!
i thought it up so they come at night when people are sleeping and you just have to wake another person up to make them leave and remove the tunnel in the morning and the target takes abit of damage.
but stealing stuff and leaving would be kool.

Yeah wood to fuel the boiler. I didnt even think of the antimatter reactor lol. I dont aim for take off thats why i didnt think of it. I play and last as long as i can on the hardest mode.
making pollution would be kool. Randomly makes mess in the area to clean.
How strong would the power plant be compaired to a solar panels.