World Size

Started by «Temple», September 01, 2015, 12:58:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

«Temple»

Hey, this is for the main modders I know(EdB, Skullywag, Vas, Evul, and some others I don't remember on the top of my head) is it possible to make a bigger map size?  I'd like a 1000x1000(for my super colonies I spend alteast 2 months on and get to about 20 years and a lot of colonists) and because with the new animals I get every animal possible and slaughter all the babies(my current animal pen is 40x40 on a corner of a map).

harpo99999

you do want a turn based game don't you? ie 1 frame per minute or even longer, due to the pathing of each pawn/animal on the map, and you will probably NEED a 10ghz cpu with 256GB main ram to even get to the 1 frame per minute at that map size

Too-DAMN-Much

Quote from: harpo99999 on September 01, 2015, 04:44:46 AM
you do want a turn based game don't you? ie 1 frame per minute or even longer, due to the pathing of each pawn/animal on the map, and you will probably NEED a 10ghz cpu with 256GB main ram to even get to the 1 frame per minute at that map size

you know, 5 or 6 alphas ago i probably would have agreed with you, but these days even the largest allowed by (vanilla worldgen) the game always stays maxed out for frame rate, i won't lie and say i wouldn't have tried larger if the option was there.

confusedwings

I got a good idea... maybe you can post this in the correct section... (idea's)

Toggle

Quote from: confusedwings on September 01, 2015, 01:03:14 PM
I got a good idea... maybe you can post this in the correct section... (idea's)

You mean suggestions? As this is a mod request, hence why it's in the mods forum.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

This is all moot.  The map sizes are fixed by an enumeration.  There is no way to change map sizes even in C#.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.