Allow cremators to burn ONLY rotten carcasses

Started by shentino, September 01, 2015, 12:58:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shentino

I would like it so that cremation could be set to burn ONLY rotten carcasses.

That way, fresh carcasses could be kept around for butchering, but I could still incinerate the rotten/dessicated ones to keep things tidy.  I find it very annoying when a freshly killed animal is sent to the crematorium instead of to the butchering table.

My ideal config would be:

1) cremate all human corpses
2) cremate all rotten corpses

Songleaves

I agree, but in the meantime my "work around" is to tell the crematorium to burn animal corpses, but only those in a small radius around the crematorium, and then I put a zone around the crematorium that "allows rotten" animal corpses. I also put a zone which allows animal corpses, but not rotten corpses, outside of the crematorium, and put it at a higher priority than the zone next to the crematorium. That way fresh animals are put out of reach of the crematorium, and rotten animals are hauled to the zone next to the crematorium to be disposed of whenever.

harpo99999

Quote from: Songleaves on September 01, 2015, 01:48:37 AM
I agree, but in the meantime my "work around" is to tell the crematorium to burn animal corpses, but only those in a small radius around the crematorium, and then I put a zone around the crematorium that "allows rotten" animal corpses. I also put a zone which allows animal corpses, but not rotten corpses, outside of the crematorium, and put it at a higher priority than the zone next to the crematorium. That way fresh animals are put out of reach of the crematorium, and rotten animals are hauled to the zone next to the crematorium to be disposed of whenever.
this method also works for the 'human' pawns, just remember to set the bills on the crematorium to a radius that is LESS than the distance to the fresh body store

Nova

This thread may be 2 years old, but the affair is still as recent as ever. Could we now please get a simple "allow non-rotten" option for bills (and other stuff)?

Sliderpro

Agreed. We have useless "allow rotten" but we have no usable "only rotten"

No obvious way to haul rotten things from storage after heat wave.

SpaceDorf

I think there was a mod that created a "allow fresh" filter in A17 but I am not sure if it exists in B18 yet

It does :
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=30004.msg384897#msg384897

happy day.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

OFWG

This is what the priority system is for. Have a high priority stockpile that doesn't allow rotten, and a low priority that does... No need to complicate it!
Quote from: sadpickle on August 01, 2018, 05:03:35 PM
I like how they saw the naked guy with no food and said, "what he needs is an SMG."

SpaceDorf

So what is more complicated ?

a stockpile for corpses with 3 recipies set to forever defined by the rotten / fresh filter
( butcher animals, not rotten, burn humans all, burn animals not fresh. )

or the same three recipies, restricted to a certain radius, the workbenches far enough apart to
account for two decent stockpiles.
the stockpiles then set to different priorities to create hauling jobs between the stockpiles
.. yeah no reason to overcomplicate a totally sensible system  ;D
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Nova

Additional to SpaceDorf's correct answer you also have to take into account what happens when a storage is full - now your other stuff will get into the wrong storage and your crematorium will burn perfectly usable animals.