Started by blub01, September 01, 2015, 02:02:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blub01

Suggestion:
Rework of the Prioritization System
Details:
- Prioritization of bills globally, not on a per table basis
- possibility of prioritizing single jobs, instead of different kinds of work
- possibility of making a bill depending on the amount of one(or more) INPUTS for the bill(not that useful in vanilla, but if you play superior
   crafting, for example, it is very useful)
- making jobs depending upon quantity of certain resources the same way bills are
- splitting the home zone up in individual zones for the jobs that come with it - aka telling my pawns to extinguish fire all over my base, but only
   cleaning inside, and repairing all my machines without cleaning the outside.
- allowing both bills and jobs to be prioritized equally, and thus pawn work time being split up inbetween them.(for example, I want my crafter to
   equally make stone blocks and smelt metal from slag, as both are bills which are done indefinitely and have a gigantic supply of raw resources)

(I might add more when I think of it, for now, that is the suggestion)

Oh, and one other thing, that has nothing to do with the above suggestion, make animals that are trained to 6 in rescue/8 in hauling just do their job most of the day.(and maybe give them joy, and needs to, so they might go mad when they are treated badly, and if their joy is low, they'll just stop doing their job and go play)

(this is probably quite unfinished, but I've really got to go to school right now, so I'll just leave it here, and edit it later)
Quote from: Zobaken on September 02, 2015, 12:37:37 AM
1. Please make people unable to move through deep waters. I don't like raiders cosplaying Jesus.

LouisTBR

So, I am envisioning something like Tropico, where you can set certain buildings/bills to different priorities in order to get them done first/last. If the bill/building isn't doable for whatever reason, they go down the list of priorities to find one that is. Correct?
Only in RimWorld is the phrase "31 Heavily-Armed Siegers are currently bombing your base" preferable to "50 manhunting squirrels are attacking your colony"

blub01

yes, exactly. I'd also like to be able to tell my pawns to, say, not grow crops when my fridge is bursting with food, and generally more control over the pawn AI.
Quote from: Zobaken on September 02, 2015, 12:37:37 AM
1. Please make people unable to move through deep waters. I don't like raiders cosplaying Jesus.

LouisTBR

Only in RimWorld is the phrase "31 Heavily-Armed Siegers are currently bombing your base" preferable to "50 manhunting squirrels are attacking your colony"