Animal Information Thread + Poll (A17 Updated)

Started by LouisTBR, September 01, 2015, 12:01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Favourite Animal? State Reasons below after voting please!

Alpaca
Alphabeaver
Boar
Boomalope
Boomrat
Capybara
Chicken
Chinchilla
Cobra
Cow
Deer
Dromedary (Camel)
Elephant
Elk
Hare
Husky
Iguana
Labrador
Megascarab
Monkey
Muffalo
Pig
Squirrel
Thrumbo
Tortoise
Warg
Yorkshire Terrier
Cassowary
Emu
Gazelle
Ibex
Megasloth
Ostrich
Snowhare
Turkey
Megaspider
Spelopede
Raccoon
Rat
Arctic Fox
Arctic Wolf
Cat
Cougar
Fennec Fox
Lynx
Panther
Red Fox
Timberwolf
Grizzly Bear

kubolek01

But not so tanky, just 1 sniper shot... That's why I prefer less of bigger ones!
Eat lead, walking pile of silver! (greedy Player)
I...I can't do it. Leave it alive, please!(inner soul)
It lives 200 years to end up as a jacket?!(realists mind)
If I would go to vacation in off-Earth, even fictional place, I'd choose Nibel.

LouisTBR

Quote from: kubolek01 on October 21, 2017, 09:06:51 AM
But not so tanky, just 1 sniper shot... That's why I prefer less of bigger ones!

I recommend boomrats. They take one sniper shot too, but it's put to good use  ;)
Only in RimWorld is the phrase "31 Heavily-Armed Siegers are currently bombing your base" preferable to "50 manhunting squirrels are attacking your colony"

kubolek01

Quote from: LouisTBR on October 22, 2017, 12:04:10 PM
Quote from: kubolek01 on October 21, 2017, 09:06:51 AM

I recommend boomrats. They take one sniper shot too, but it's put to good use  ;)
I don't want to burn my map, so not. Raw firepower is better than suiciders.
Eat lead, walking pile of silver! (greedy Player)
I...I can't do it. Leave it alive, please!(inner soul)
It lives 200 years to end up as a jacket?!(realists mind)
If I would go to vacation in off-Earth, even fictional place, I'd choose Nibel.

Bozobub

Once again, no poll entry for grizzlies, although they are in the info list -.-'.
Thanks, belgord!

LouisTBR

Quote from: Bozobub on October 22, 2017, 02:55:37 PM
Once again, no poll entry for grizzlies, although they are in the info list -.-'.
Yeah, I missed them out. It's fixed now.
Only in RimWorld is the phrase "31 Heavily-Armed Siegers are currently bombing your base" preferable to "50 manhunting squirrels are attacking your colony"

Seriously Unserious

There are a lot of animals I like, Timber Wolves, large Dogs, Grizzleys, Cows, Chickens, to name a few, but my favorite has to be Muffalo. They're just so useful for so many things. They're pack animals (perfect for caravans), give milk, give wool, give meat and hides when slaughtered.

Every colony, I always try to get a good muffalo herd going.

LouisTBR

Quote from: Seriously Unserious on October 22, 2017, 03:46:58 PM
There are a lot of animals I like, Timber Wolves, large Dogs, Grizzleys, Cows, Chickens, to name a few, but my favorite has to be Muffalo. They're just so useful for so many things. They're pack animals (perfect for caravans), give milk, give wool, give meat and hides when slaughtered.

Don't forget, they make excellent cannon fodder

Bozobub

Muffalo are almost certainly the most useful, overall, but I like having grizzlies and the occasional megasloth.  Only people who don't have enough animal training get "mere" dogs or pigs/boars (carefully tended so they do NOT breed).  One reason for my bear preference, is that they get a VERY useful "stun" effect on many attacks.  That, and well, they're bears =).

Note:  No, bears are NOT in the poll, just the info list.  Just checked.
Thanks, belgord!

Seriously Unserious

Quote from: LouisTBR on October 22, 2017, 03:49:31 PM
Quote from: Seriously Unserious on October 22, 2017, 03:46:58 PM

Don't forget, they make excellent cannon fodder

Nah, they're too useful as caravan animals and milk+wool producers.

Quote from: Bozobub on October 22, 2017, 04:31:07 PM
Muffalo are almost certainly the most useful, overall, but I like having grizzlies and the occasional megasloth.  Only people who don't have enough animal training get "mere" dogs or pigs/boars (carefully tended so they do NOT breed).  One reason for my bear preference, is that they get a VERY useful "stun" effect on many attacks.  That, and well, they're bears =).

So do I, of course, dogs are VERY useful as extra haulers. My current game I have quite the pack of huskies going right now, and even a German shepherd from a mod, and they get a ton of work done. Saves my valuable human colonists for when I need something specific hauled, or to do other jobs. Of course, Grizzlies can learn to haul too.

LouisTBR

Quote from: Bozobub on October 22, 2017, 04:31:07 PM

I have added them 3 times, it must be a glitch of some sort. Are they there now? Forigve me, I thought I'd added them but something must have gone awry during saving of the post.

Bozobub

Yeah, appears as the very last item now (definitely did not before ???).  Thanks.
Thanks, belgord!

LouisTBR

Quote from: Bozobub on October 22, 2017, 04:57:11 PM
Yeah, appears as the very last item now (definitely did not before ???).  Thanks.
Ah, good to see. No problem bud

Seriously Unserious

I'm seeing them right at the bottom of the poll. There's a lot of options there so you may need to use your browser's Search function to find the one you want to vote for in that list.

Bozobub

Thanks, belgord!

giannikampa

Wanted to vote artic wolf for its hauling ability and good skin for apparels, wrongly cliked artic fox.. meh
And as always.. sorry for my bad english