Artist/Warrior/Crafty/Digger traits

Started by twoski, September 02, 2015, 12:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twoski

I think it would be cool to have more traits similar to green thumb except applying to other job types.

For example, Artists would get mood buffs from making art, Warriors get a mood buff from damaging an enemy, etc.

There could even be inverse versions of these, is. A "Chicken" trait that gives people mood debuffs when they are fighting, a "Germophobe" trait that makes people unhappy when farming in the dirt, etc

These traits would only be given for skills that pawns are not passionate about. It would not make sense for someone to be passionate about farming but be a germophobe, for example.

Some of these exist already, but it would be cool to have them for all the main jobs.

Toggle

Exists. If they're passionate about it, they should get buffed from doing the skill I'm pretty sure.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

GamerGuy

Quote from: Z0MBIE2 on September 02, 2015, 01:51:17 PM
Exists. If they're passionate about it, they should get buffed from doing the skill I'm pretty sure.
Yes but they mean a mood buff "+5, I love making art its so relaxing" example

twoski

Yeah, exactly that. The values would need tweaking, ie. a mood buff of 10-15 for finishing sculptures, 8ish for finishing clothes/weapons, 2 for cooking/mining.

Even cleaning could be on the list of buff/debuffs.

Toggle

See, just having things people are really passionate for get mood buffs is better.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.