Fences

Started by LouisTBR, August 26, 2015, 09:39:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LouisTBR

I know, it is frequently suggested, but why can't I show it some more love? Fences would be a great addition to the game, if not for combat then for animal pens and perimeters. There is a mod, but I prefer having things in the vanilla game. Maybe wooden fences for tortoises, rabbits, cows etc, but an electric fence would be required for bigger animals such as wargs, rhinos and elephants. Thoughts?
Only in RimWorld is the phrase "31 Heavily-Armed Siegers are currently bombing your base" preferable to "50 manhunting squirrels are attacking your colony"

GamerGuy

but anyway back on topic. Why would fences be needed can't you just set a allowed zone for animals?

Edit: Been a dumb about the top bit

Thane

Because do you think a cow would actually stay in a 5m by 5m square on its own?

Really this is about believability.
It is regular practice to install peg legs and dentures on anyone you don't like around here. Think about that.

Elixiar

Someone mentioned in another thread they could basically have all the values of sandbags (lower cover though) and only passable by humans.
Fence gates would be nice too. Though they are basically retextured wooden doors, it would be nice for immersion.
"We didn't crash here by accident... something brought us down". - Anon Rimworld Colonist

FMJ Penguin

Yeah what they said... Not everything DF got by with is gonna work in this game. Only reason that worked in DF is you couldn't see the fence even if there was one lolz.... DF took alot of imagination to fill in the gaps which is likely why you ither loved it or didn't even bother.

But I wouldn't worry about it too much cuzz Itchy has you covered. Check the mods section, and don't be scared they won't make your comp explode. Well most wont  :)
Bits & bobs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/buuxpswcu9rzh3o/AABlRN4f2E4UNfDY8a_RoA6Ea?dl=0 All open source so sell it to Adolf for a new pair of sneaks if you like.
"Curious.... How many credit hours does it take tell you can make a comment like that without laughing uncontrollably at yourself?"

Torkkar

Fences would be totally AWSOME! corners would be tough to draw though but still really useful!