[W|0.12.914] Unroofed effect while inside mountain

Started by ttgg, August 31, 2015, 06:31:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ttgg

1. What the circumstances were:
Suddenly "unroofed" effect, despite being under mountain and all exits to outside blocked by doors.

2. What happened.
I was digging through a large mountain which contains my base, when suddenly my base got the "unroofed" effect, meaning temperature dropped. I closed off my digging paths with doors and the effect disappeared from my base, but is still present in the digging zone.

3. What you expected to happen.
I expected the mountain to count as a roof :)

4. How we can reproduce the bug.
See savefile. Perhaps you can narrow down where exactly the glitched mountain-roof is by closing the passages off with doors one by one.

Savefile and world: https://mega.nz/#!25hTWLAY!FOLR7FfHR5j1A75_SYeQDjeYogVNyB8Mo2pTZB5NuAs

harpo99999

sounds like the OLD problem of rooms over a particular size getting open space

isistoy

Quote from: harpo99999 on August 31, 2015, 06:59:42 PM
yes, sounds like it. There is a recent post where Tynan precises this. There is a number of cells for a single room that could create such a problem.
Only solution is to build pillars in that room, but I suppose you get under constructed roof from then on.
<Stay on the scene like a State machine>

TLHeart

people wrongly assume that all mountains have a roof overhead. that is a false assumption. The are sections of overhead mountain, thin rock roof, and no roof throughout a mountain. Just impossible to see the no roof sections, until you dig one out.

harpo99999

Quote from: isistoy on August 31, 2015, 07:05:27 PM
Quote from: harpo99999 on August 31, 2015, 06:59:42 PM
yes, sounds like it. There is a recent post where Tynan precises this. There is a number of cells for a single room that could create such a problem.
Only solution is to build pillars in that room, but I suppose you get under constructed roof from then on.
unfortunatly the only WORKING workaround even in areas that have had the pillars left is to divide the room up into smaller(from my memory of tynan's comments) than 50 x 50 squares ie 250 squares per room to keep the indoors room rating

isistoy

<Stay on the scene like a State machine>

Bancheis

Quote from: TLHeart on August 31, 2015, 07:29:31 PM
people wrongly assume that all mountains have a roof overhead. that is a false assumption. The are sections of overhead mountain, thin rock roof, and no roof throughout a mountain. Just impossible to see the no roof sections, until you dig one out.
This is true. I often find small hidden valleys when digging into large mountains, as well as the above mentioned thin rock roofs and un-roofed areas. Not a bug, but you may indeed need pillars. I make all my mountain bases with plenty of pillars, overlapping the distance limit for roof support just in case.

Anyway, not sure it is a bug.

harpo99999

I use a pillar spacing of every 6 squares in e/w & n/s directions, and the only times that I have to build a wall segment as a pillar is in the valleys and to keep the 'rooms' under the 250 squares limit

Spectreofoz

Had these probs.
1. You need seal or reseal room or corrador with a door or wall.. some times having to deconstrut old doors and remaking them.

2.use the No Roof area option to expose those pessky area which are exposed on your tumnel area the use Removed No Roof area to close them off

ison

As Bancheis said, it's not a bug. It's possible to find unroofed areas. Thanks for the report anyway. Locking.