Old people, scarred people

Started by zenfur, September 02, 2015, 01:24:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenfur

I like that being old brings more health related issues. Also as you live in colony your older colonists get more and more scars and other war related commendations.

Although I miss the fact that old people who wander around and join your colony, as well raiders and old animals are completely scar-free as they were born yesterday. I think pawns generator should be more generous in scars and scary life experiences.
Little posts, quality posts.

Notice me, senpaaiiiiiii!!!!

SaintD

It annoys the hell out of me. Apparently, glitterworld tech can't do squat to prevent a 'bad back' in your early fifties, or cataracts, and you'll suddenly become 'frail' because THE DNA SAYS SO despite being active and healthy your whole life. The old age illnesses tend to just manifest as a permanent malus with no rhyme or reason beyond daring to be over fifty. They're not attached to anything else and occur far, far too soon on otherwise healthy people.

The ultimate result is that being over fifty is yet another thing that will cause me to reroll or otherwise get rid of you because you're ultimately useless, much like a lot of the backgrounds.

b0rsuk

And do you have any idea how vulnerable to diseases old people are ? It feels like you need twice the time in hospital bed with vitals monitor. Rainforest is hell for old people.

zenfur

I am not referring only to elder people, I mean that in general it strikes me that my teenager colonists looks like monsters compared to all guys who lived in this world and joined my colony. Even 25+ could have got some scars living in this rough rim world. Just older people are the most likely to have them.
Little posts, quality posts.

Notice me, senpaaiiiiiii!!!!

SpaceDrunk

Quote from: SaintD on September 02, 2015, 01:39:32 PM
It annoys the hell out of me. Apparently, glitterworld tech can't do squat to prevent a 'bad back' in your early fifties, or cataracts, and you'll suddenly become 'frail' because THE DNA SAYS SO despite being active and healthy your whole life. The old age illnesses tend to just manifest as a permanent malus with no rhyme or reason beyond daring to be over fifty. They're not attached to anything else and occur far, far too soon on otherwise healthy people.

The ultimate result is that being over fifty is yet another thing that will cause me to reroll or otherwise get rid of you because you're ultimately useless, much like a lot of the backgrounds.

The frail thing with so many 50-somethings has always bothered me. 50's is old, but not elderly, and being frail is something you typically associate with the latter. The only 'frail' 50-somethings I've known were people with lifelong health issues, yet in this game it seems like about 2/3s of them have one foot in the grave.

JimmyAgnt007

I personally hate getting old useless people with a bundle of health issues I cant treat.

I think the age of 'old' should be higher by a bit but also give us solutions for things.  I do like the simple solution of glitterworld meds being used to treat those things.  Simple, not overpowered, expensive.