Xerigium problem

Started by ostrowanet, September 02, 2015, 05:47:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ostrowanet

Latest version 12.914. Tried to farm Xerigium at hydroponic farm. I have heated and sun lamp lit room. Xerigium grows to 90% and when it is harvested automatically by grower nothing is collected- no herbal medicine. Tried multiple times. nothing in colonists inventory either. Is it a bug?

ttgg

I suppose it doesn't say "harvesting failed" when they do it? That's a new-ish feature, making it more important to have higher ranked herbalists.

ostrowanet

I have 2 growers skills 13 and 14, others have growing disabled. I didnt see "failed to harvest" notice I need to test if that problem affects other crops also in hydroponic farms, I was planting Xerigium only for now.

TLHeart

growers don't harvest at 90%. They wait until fully grown and ready to harvest.

OpposingForces

Quote from: TLHeart on September 03, 2015, 10:27:44 AM
growers don't harvest at 90%. They wait until fully grown and ready to harvest.
true but as he stated they are auto harvesting at 90% which would be a bug.
No one can hear you scream in space. But the Raiders get a chuckle from you screaming while a boomrat eats you.

ostrowanet

I have solved the mystery. The growers didnt harvest my not fully grown xerigium. I caught the culprit in action. it was my dog who was eating off my xerigium from hydroponic farm before they were 100% grown, perhaps he was hungry. I restricted his access by clearing the farm from home area and my plants grew to full term and were successfully harvested. :)