OST and threats?

Started by Untrustedlife, January 07, 2014, 05:21:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Untrustedlife

When will there be a soundtrack for this game?
If there is music it doesn't play on my computer.

Also what kinds of threats do you plan on adding in the next update, if any?
So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK

Galileus

All these can be answered either by dev blog or in "next update" topics on this forums.

Untrustedlife

Couldn't find anything on the threats.
anywhere. even in the dev blog.
But soundtrack question is answered.
Lets hope Tynan answers the rest of the question.
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK

GemCat

There ain't any music at the moment, I don't know when it will be coming. Ty might be getting it done next update, though there is also a not-insignificant chance he isn't because of the artwork that needs to be finished.

I don't know about the threats, in fact all I truly know is that there is no music in the game. Everything else is speculation.

Galileus

Quote from: Untrustedlife on January 07, 2014, 06:26:53 PM

Exactly. And Tynan already outlined major points of the next update.

Untrustedlife

Quote from: Galileus on January 07, 2014, 07:17:36 PM
Quote from: Untrustedlife on January 07, 2014, 06:26:53 PM

Exactly. And Tynan already outlined major points of the next update.

I was wondering what his farther future plans were about threats. (not this update, but the next few)
Just curious.
Still hoping he answers.
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

LINK

Semmy

As far as i know in the near future stockpiling roofing audio gfx and maybe cooking will be handled.

First thing will be stockpiling.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

Galileus

Quote from: Semmy on January 08, 2014, 12:05:40 AM
As far as i know in the near future stockpiling roofing audio gfx and maybe cooking will be handled.
First thing will be stockpiling.

Weren't additional food types high on the list as well?

Semmy

Yes.

But at the moment only stockpiling and audio/audiomodding is in.
It looks really awsome. And offers a way new aproach to the game specially since you need to haul your goods back and forth to be able to trade.
Edmund Burke

Galileus

Sorry, just now noticed that part. Not exactly sure how did I miss it... It had to be your fault, obviously.

Semmy

Quote from: Galileus on January 08, 2014, 08:14:05 AM

Sorry, just now noticed that part. Not exactly sure how did I miss it... It had to be your fault, obviously.

Yes i am sorry.
Edmund Burke

palandus

If you have to haul things to be traded, wouldn't that discourage making extremely large trades? IE, selling about 2,000 units of Food? (Not my largest sale to date, but still)

By roofing, what do you mean by that? As you can remove thin roofs by selling the walls (makes huge nasty slaggy mess though), or is that referring to Thick Rock Roofs?

GFX? What kind of GFX are we talking about besides the aforementioned changes to the character models (being done by Rho)? It is after all a pixel-art game, where things like antialiasing, or soft shadows would be kinda pointless in adding to it...?

Well, cooking SHOULD be added if there is a skill for Cooking >.< What about Medicine/Doctoring or Crafting though? No mentions of that stuff?

Semmy

GFX as in what rho is making.

Roofing as in manual roofing.
Edmund Burke