Deer/ewe wont breed

Started by TMAN80SS, September 03, 2015, 09:24:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TMAN80SS

I have currently had a deer and an ewe in the same enclosed pen with ample food supple and fine cloth bedding and the still wont mate!!!! It has been 5 years and nothing. Are there any special situations that need to be achived to breed?

cultist

Try installing a red standing lamp. That should get them going. ;)

MultiDavid

Red ?

Hmm... smells like breeding is more difficult than expected :P

skullywag

Are any of them injured? I dont think it matters but ive had a female dog who would never get pregant with a missing eye yet others around her were constantly getting pregnant. Just a wild stab in the dark.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

b0rsuk

Some animals just mate less frequently than others. Mufallos mate rarely, pigs very often. You may need to have more than a single pair for reliable results. I suspect more males will mean more pregnancies.

TLHeart

Actually the reverse is true with the animals, one male, multiple females, and you will have babies all over the place.

MultiDavid

Quote from: TLHeart on September 03, 2015, 03:03:49 PM
Actually the reverse is true with the animals, one male, multiple females, and you will have babies all over the place.

Ehh... idk about that, i feel like in this game the more males you have the bigger the chance one of them decides ''lets have babies''.

On the otherhand, females are generally more usefull to keep than males :P ( milk )

TLHeart

Quote from: MultiDavid on September 03, 2015, 03:05:15 PM

Ehh... idk about that, i feel like in this game the more males you have the bigger the chance one of them decides ''lets have babies''.

On the otherhand, females are generally more usefull to keep than males :P ( milk )

Tested both ways, one male to many females always results in more pregnancies. The male is always ready to mate, but the females are not.

MultiDavid

Quote from: TLHeart on September 03, 2015, 03:06:38 PM

Tested both ways, one male to many females always results in more pregnancies. The male is always ready to mate, but the females are not.

Really ? Time to get more female muffalo then :P

stranger080

Quote from: TLHeart on September 03, 2015, 03:06:38 PM

Just like real life right?

christhekiller

Well. The females can only get so pregnant

Panzer

Back to topic, I too had some critters that simply wont mate, boomrats for example. Did anyone get them to breed?

Jarwy

Quote from: Panzer on September 03, 2015, 04:39:24 PM
Back to topic, I too had some critters that simply wont mate, boomrats for example. Did anyone get them to breed?

I have seen my pet suicide rats try to breed, but nothing ever came out of it. Not that they would've lived long enough to carry anyway. They have a certain role in the colony they excel at.

MultiDavid

Quote from: Panzer on September 03, 2015, 04:39:24 PM

If they don't it makes sense, boomrats aren't exactly natural animals.

Cimanyd

Not only do boomrats breed, they can have litters of 5. You might want to let some of them live long enough for it for the purpose of having a bigger exploding army.
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.