Deer/ewe wont breed

Started by TMAN80SS, September 03, 2015, 09:24:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MultiDavid

Quote from: Z0MBIE2 on September 06, 2015, 03:22:18 PM
The lights don't effect it.

You are wrong, while i haven't gone in-depth testing with the lights, as soon as i swapped normal lights for red lights in my animal place they bred, and im never that lucky.

Toggle

Animals only show pregnant after halfway through it, so if it happened right after they were pregnant beforehand.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

MultiDavid

Quote from: Z0MBIE2 on September 06, 2015, 04:05:02 PM
Animals only show pregnant after halfway through it, so if it happened right after they were pregnant beforehand.

Interesting, meant i did something else to have my animals get in the mood...

Toggle

Or they just did it randomly, as that's how it is currently.

MultiDavid

Quote from: Z0MBIE2 on September 06, 2015, 04:13:43 PM
Or they just did it randomly, as that's how it is currently.

Then it was an amazing concidence both females i had got pregnant in the same day :P

Fernbhoy

Quote from: TLHeart on September 06, 2015, 03:24:28 PM
Just because you have one female, and one male, does not guarantee they will breed. Just like in the real world.

Story of my life :(

Toggle

Actually that happens pretty much for me multidad. I had both females give birth basically on the same day, dem alpacas. And this is just from having a farm, not even roofed so no lamps.

MultiDavid

Quote from: Z0MBIE2 on September 06, 2015, 05:22:32 PM
Actually that happens pretty much for me multidad. I had both females give birth basically on the same day, dem alpacas. And this is just from having a farm, not even roofed so no lamps.

MultiDad ? Im too young for that :P

Toggle

cultist

Oh god, the red light was a joke guys. Y'know "mood lighting"? It doesn't do anything, I swear.

StorymasterQ

For those who didn't get the joke, I imagine they were desperately trying to make the animals their own red light district.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Fernbhoy

Quote from: StorymasterQ on September 07, 2015, 04:50:31 AM
For those who didn't get the joke, I imagine they were desperately trying to make the animals their own red light district.

i'll be honest, i knew it was a joke, but i tried it anyway :D

TLHeart

I have to wonder, can not find it in the xml files, did tynan program in mating seasons?

Many many animals only mate once a year. 

I ponder this as my muffalo herd, 2males, 6 females, had not produced any offspring for over a year in game.... then come early spring, all my females were pregnant withing days of each other.

TMAN80SS

OOOOhohohho looks like someone is on a hot trail here, please tell us if you find anything out!

MultiDavid

Quote from: TLHeart on September 07, 2015, 10:47:37 AM
I have to wonder, can not find it in the xml files, did tynan program in mating seasons?

Many many animals only mate once a year. 

I ponder this as my muffalo herd, 2males, 6 females, had not produced any offspring for over a year in game.... then come early spring, all my females were pregnant withing days of each other.

Now that may explain it for some animals, it is entirely possible some animals might only breed in a certain season.