Raiders...oh please god not the raiders

Started by Lightning_blitz, January 07, 2014, 08:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lightning_blitz

man this game is good and fun i always like games like this knowing how anything can go wrong or good at a moments notice...
i still have this one base---oh look its now getting **** by 20 raiders at the same time
oh well i might as well make a new game or load a previous save
nah i'll make a new game on the same difficulty (the first story tell)

okay made a new base aaaand *POOF* 8 raiders vs 2 turrets and 3 colonists

>:( me not happy

thoughts?

Insulus

turrents attract more raiders. they think your hiding something worth stealing.

GemCat

Yeah, turrets will do that. Turrets generally aren't worth the trouble they cause... without turrets I went several days without a single negative event. Even then, most of the raids were less than 5 raiders. That was with 7 colonists. If you want defense besides colonists, I recommend blasting charges.

Galileus

There are dozens of topics about raiders on this forums. Please, search for them before creating a new topics - they are full of useful advices and explanations.

Untrustedlife

Quote from: Lightning_blitz on January 07, 2014, 08:57:02 PM
man this game is good and fun i always like games like this knowing how anything can go wrong or good at a moments notice...
i still have this one base---oh look its now getting **** by 20 raiders at the same time
oh well i might as well make a new game or load a previous save
nah i'll make a new game on the same difficulty (the first story tell)

okay made a new base aaaand *POOF* 8 raiders vs 2 turrets and 3 colonists

>:( me not happy

thoughts?

I believe raiders are fine.
Turrets attract attention.

I haven't had that many issues with raiders (8 raiders instantly on chill callie..what?..UNHEARD OF... that has never happened to me at least)

Also:
Strategy tip:

Build choke points with your turrets, if you add them make sure you build them in such a way that can easily kill the raiders. For example, lure the raiders into a large room full of turrets. They make quick work of them.
Or build a maze out of sandbags, that is covered by turrets and defended by colonists.

After you start doing that, i can assure you you will have the exact opposite opinion of raiders.
You will want more of them.
So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK

Asulf

As been said, if you're getting annoyed with too many raiders, just ignore the turrets. IMO, they're simply not worth it. They are very costly (even if they can be turned off when you not use them), their damage is low, they constantly get hit and as soon as raiders get more advanced weapons, they will get blown up each time.

Choke points cleared of all cover for the attackers with a defense line with one square of wall, one square of sandbag is the best defense, IMO. Let the colonists do the job and level up their shooting. It doesn't matter if they take a bullet of two. Just have a couple of charges ready if things get hairy, or even place some debris in front of the defense line.

Kender

*chuckle* The best way to defend oneself is to make one defenseless.
Rogue, from Kendermoore of Dragonlance.

Darker

Actyally, I have an impression that all <thing>s under your command attract more raiders. If I deleted all the turrets, walls and colonists and everything, only one raider appeared. In that game, normal raider count was around 60... maybe more.
Please... Throw human readable errors on savefile parsing failure!!!
Rim world editor Editor on GIT