windows 10 No sound in game what so ever

Started by vexen88, September 04, 2015, 12:05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vexen88

so i  updated windows to 10 and now i get no sound in rimworld anyone else has same issue and fix it? please help no sound sucks

Ps no errors in game

harpo99999

do you get sound in other programs?
what is the default sound device?

vexen88

realtek high definition audio and i get sound on some of my games just not rimworld,gnomoria but i hate playing rimworld and yes i have uninstalled reinstalled my audio driver multiple times and hasent fix itand there no errors in rimworld

harpo99999

is ther other sound device drivers installed in the computer?
what are the sound and music volume settings in the options menu of rimworld?

FMJ Penguin

leme guess...., usb headset?

Regardless, even on win7 with a normal headset I have to restart the game sometimes to get sound back. No clue what causes it but it's very rare and when it happens it's just RW as I can ALT-Tab and still hear all audio from everything else running. Sorry I don't have an answer but if it is usb... I know what I'd do with it hehe
Bits & bobs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/buuxpswcu9rzh3o/AABlRN4f2E4UNfDY8a_RoA6Ea?dl=0 All open source so sell it to Adolf for a new pair of sneaks if you like.
"Curious.... How many credit hours does it take tell you can make a comment like that without laughing uncontrollably at yourself?"

suicidalkid

I've been running Windows 10 since it came out, and I've had this issue twice. I fixed it both times by re-installing the Realtek driver thing, so I don't think it's a problem with just Rimworld.

vexen88

ive reinstalled it a few times rebooted each time and nothing changes and no not a headset just speakers and ive tryed useing windows 7 and then trying the 8 just incase and the windows 10 dosent help

FMJ Penguin

Sounds..... fishy

You tried 3 different operating systems on the same pc or different pc's entirely? Honestly doubt it's the OS anyways but if it's doing it on 3 different pc's then it pretty much has to be a RW issue. That or the audio gods just like toying with you. 
Bits & bobs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/buuxpswcu9rzh3o/AABlRN4f2E4UNfDY8a_RoA6Ea?dl=0 All open source so sell it to Adolf for a new pair of sneaks if you like.
"Curious.... How many credit hours does it take tell you can make a comment like that without laughing uncontrollably at yourself?"

vexen88

when i play on windows 7 its fine windows 8 fine but when i moved to windows 10 thats when it started i went back to 7 and worked fine and in windows 8 and 8.1 worked

harpo99999

sorry to say this, but it is a valid reason to NOT update to win ex

FMJ Penguin

Quote from: harpo99999 on September 06, 2015, 04:51:25 PM
sorry to say this, but it is a valid reason to NOT update to win ex

Same old same old...... I had xp for ages for that same reason. Never even tried vista or the others between xp and 7. Honestly been very happy with win7 for the most part. Gonna take alot to get me to buy anything else.  :)

Coenmcj

Bugger, that sounds a lot like they're not updated to work with W10 architecture.
Dontcha just love new operating systems?..
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite