Dead Bodies to Bones.... Removal?

Started by ZelpherXeis, September 04, 2015, 02:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZelpherXeis

Alright, so I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be screamed at for not looking hard enough for this, but here it goes.

I've been playing this game since v11 and I have to say I LOVE it! I do, but I can't get over two things:

1) I can't get rid of my rotting corpses that are in my fridge and 2) once they're already at the skeletal stage (which has happened often with stuff being left out in the sun) I can't do anything about it!

So now I have a couple of fridges with spaces with nothing but rotting bodies or skeletons like I'm keeping a morgue and no place to keep my freshly killed boars, hares, muffalos, etc.

Can someone help a newb out. And please try to keep the flames to a minimum.

Edit: Just to let metion, I'm running vanilla v12d

Murdo

Do graves and crematoriums not accept dessicated corpses? I'm pretty sure they accept rotting.

ZelpherXeis

Quote from: Murdo on September 04, 2015, 02:37:43 PM
Do graves and crematoriums not accept dessicated corpses? I'm pretty sure they accept rotting.

I've tried, but all it says that I need the materials to do that, and I'm thinking wtf, I have plenty of corpses for you, you stupid machine!

TLHeart

did you set the bill up to accept rotten? go to details, and click accept rotten.

ZelpherXeis

Quote from: TLHeart on September 04, 2015, 03:03:08 PM
did you set the bill up to accept rotten? go to details, and click accept rotten.

No bill for rotting, just corpse

_alphaBeta_

Quote from: ZelpherXeis on September 04, 2015, 03:26:55 PM
Quote from: TLHeart on September 04, 2015, 03:03:08 PM

No bill for rotting, just corpse

I'm not near the game at present, but once you have the corpse bill set up, there may be a check box for "allow rotten" where you select the kinds of corpses that can be burned. Your current bill may be disallowing rotten corpses if this box isn't checked.

Lady Wolf

Quote from: _alphaBeta_ on September 04, 2015, 03:30:37 PM

I'm not near the game at present, but once you have the corpse bill set up, there may be a check box for "allow rotten" where you select the kinds of corpses that can be burned. Your current bill may be disallowing rotten corpses if this box isn't checked.

Be careful with this however, since they will burn all animal corpses, even those that aren't rotten, which can clean out your food supply in a hurry if you're not careful.

An easy work around for this is once you have the bill made, up top in the same window is a little slider bar, adjust the right most slider piece of the bar so the hp range reads 0-98%, since the majority of non rotten carcasses have 100% hit points (unless killed by fire or explosives) they'll only burn the rotten animal ones and leave the fresh animal corpses alone.

Really what the game needs is a option at the crematorium for "only rotten" so make this less of a hassle.

TheSilencedScream

Quote from: Lady Wolf on September 04, 2015, 03:47:35 PM
Quote from: _alphaBeta_ on September 04, 2015, 03:30:37 PM

Be careful with this however, since they will burn all animal corpses, even those that aren't rotten, which can clean out your food supply in a hurry if you're not careful.

An easy work around for this is once you have the bill made, up top in the same window is a little slider bar, adjust the right most slider piece of the bar so the hp range reads 0-98%, since the majority of non rotten carcasses have 100% hit points (unless killed by fire or explosives) they'll only burn the rotten animal ones and leave the fresh animal corpses alone.

Really what the game needs is a option at the crematorium for "only rotten" so make this less of a hassle.

Is this new with A12? Because I've -never- had them burn an animal corpse in any previous version, and I run the crematorium 24/7 with a "forever" bill.
Quote from: Topper on August 31, 2015, 03:33:25 AM
is the sledgehammer compatible with the romance mod?
Only in Rimworld.

Lady Wolf

Quote from: TheSilencedScream on September 04, 2015, 04:03:18 PM
Is this new with A12? Because I've -never- had them burn an animal corpse in any previous version.

When making a cremate bill there's separate check boxes for human, and animal corpses, and one for "allow rotten"

Unless the animal box is checked they won't burn animal corpses, even if they are rotten, and if the animal box is checked along with the rotten one, they'll burn both fresh and rotten animal corpses.

It's been that way since I started playing in A 10, not sure if it worked differently before that.

LouisTBR

Are you sure your food stockpile has a lower priority for copses than your graves?
Only in RimWorld is the phrase "31 Heavily-Armed Siegers are currently bombing your base" preferable to "50 manhunting squirrels are attacking your colony"

harpo99999

and you can also tell the freezer store area to refuse rotten, and have another area away from the food freezer and near the crematorium set to receive rotten bodies, and then set thecrematorium burn bodies bill to a small radius that excludes the food store, but includes the rotten bodies store

ZelpherXeis

Ok so Much thanks to Lady Wolf!

So this is what I did:

Go to your Crematorium
Go to the button that says Details
Make sure the Animal Corpse section is checked green

Holy shit I'm so glad I came to the forums!!!

Lady Wolf

Quote from: ZelpherXeis on September 04, 2015, 06:10:56 PM
Ok so Much thanks to Lady Wolf!

So this is what I did:

Glad to help, post back with any other questions in the forums, this a pretty great community over all and very helpful.  8)