[A12d] Lewd Joy Mod

Started by Venatos, September 04, 2015, 02:27:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Venatos

while browsing the Rimworld files i stumbled upon an unused kind of Joy.
after googleing what Lewd means, i decided to add a few joy activities.
1 for a royal bed, 1 needs a private room, 1 to show affection publicly and 1 to go out and enjoy with nature.
all of em use euphanisms, there are no animations or sounds, so nothing sleacy here.

since this increases the number of kinds of joy used that the overtime-resistance gets spread, i reduced the amount of joy gained across all activities to counter the increase.

this mod only changes 2 xml files and without access to some real code there are limitations:
1. the activity using the royal bed was not supposed to be a solo activity, sadly there is only a variable for <joyMaxParticipants>, none for minimum participants.
2. the nature activity has the same problem + the stargazing code i hook into, seems to overwrite descriptions with: "cloudwatching" and "watching the sun rise" etc., no way to change that with a xml-edit.

is compatible with everything that doesnt change joyactivities and if you uninstall, just make sure none of your colonists is doing one of the activities at the time.

its my first mod, so tips or ideas are welcome.
Edit:i just read that im supposed to say this:
its just a little edit, use it as you like, no credit needs to be given.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Ithildae

Cool! I usually play Rimworld naked anyway. Now I get to race my colonists!

cuproPanda

Hey glad to see someone got around to utilizing lewd joy! I was considering making like a nudie magazine rack or something for my mod, but haven't yet. Feel free to check mine out, link's in the signature. I've got quite a bit of XML code relating to joy activities that I'm sure would be useful to you, since this is your first mod and all. Good luck with the mod! I'll download this later and play with it.
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

dareddevil7

Quote from: Venatos on September 04, 2015, 02:27:46 PM
all of em use euphanisms

Wouldn't dare want to say things outright, this is a family friendly game where you can have a colony of cannibals who kidnap everybody, harvest their organs, and then sell them as slaves.

tara4131945

Quote from: dareddevil7 on September 20, 2015, 06:20:32 PM
all of em use euphanisms

Wouldn't dare want to say things outright, this is a family friendly game where you can have a colony of cannibals who kidnap everybody, harvest their organs, and then sell them as slaves.

lol love how you put that into words it exactly what it is XD

JT

all of em use euphanisms

No, no -- they befriend individuals using irresistible charm, perform free necessary surgery, and then relocate them to wonderful new residences. (Also, they eat people.)

Ouan

Quote from: JT on October 01, 2015, 09:05:48 PM
all of em use euphanisms

No, no -- they befriend individuals using irresistible charm, perform free necessary surgery, and then relocate them to wonderful new residences. (Also, they eat people.)

Perish the thought! No cannibalism here! <hides the "meat" cauldron>
Damn Pirates!

FridayBiology

Personally i need more euphanisms.
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

Hickabooboo

Quote from: Ouan on October 02, 2015, 12:34:13 AM
Quote from: JT on October 01, 2015, 09:05:48 PM
all of em use euphanisms

Perish the thought! No cannibalism here! <hides the "meat" cauldron>

Derek? you enjoying that bath? Little too hot for you?

Komyets

Its weird that suggestive themes are hidden, when as a matter of fact, many other harsher and unetical activities are present. Still im conflicted in between a "Should I add this mod or not?"

EDIT: Okay, I tried it, seems that my game works well with it enabled, there is no incopatibility or unbalance so far, and it works well on saved games.