Does the material of the workbench matter?

Started by Spectre, September 04, 2015, 06:55:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spectre

Quick question, I just wondered if there was a difference between building a workbench out of the different materials? For example does a steel tailor bench create better quality items that a wooden one?
Holding hands whilst the walls come tumbling down.

Lady Wolf

Quote from: Spectre on September 04, 2015, 06:55:18 PM
Quick question, I just wondered if there was a difference between building a workbench out of the different materials? For example does a steel tailor bench create better quality items that a wooden one?

Not that I've ever noticed, (someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong,) but my understanding of it is that the different materials available is so you can still craft the bench even if you're experiencing a shortage of some resources.

Cimanyd

Different materials also have their normal advantages and disadvantages of health, flammability, and time to build. You might not want to have something get destroyed by a mortar shot, grenade, or fire and have to rebuild it and remake all your bills.
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

Vault101

Does the HP of materials affect quality? Like if I leave some wood outside and then make beds out of it, will it affect quality?

Toggle

Quote from: Vault101 on September 04, 2015, 09:38:42 PM
Does the HP of materials affect quality? Like if I leave some wood outside and then make beds out of it, will it affect quality?

Nope.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.