[Request] Bigger Doors

Started by AHare, September 04, 2015, 06:05:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AHare

Simple idea, doors that are 2 and 3 wide. I find putting two doors next to each other looks strange, more so with three of them.

ItchyFlea

I gave this a go.
I made it, but encountered a few issues.
1) The doors still only appear to be 1 tile in size.
2) Pawns can get stuck in the side of the door. (Only seems to happen when the door is being built, have to remove the door to free them.)
3) The region system seems to not like the door. This may have serious side-effects during gameplay, or it might work perfectly fine.

A .dll mod is required to fix those issues, and unfortunately I am unable to make one in this case. (Beyond my capability.)

Anyway here's the mod in it's current, kinda working state: Bigger Doors v1.0 :)
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Goo Poni

Minami, who made TechTreeMinami way back in like Alpha 9 or some such, had a "blast door" that seemed to operate as a removable wall, opening and closing on command rather than because pawns wanted to move through it. When up, it was solid and impassable, pawns couldn't see nor shoot through it and when down, pawns could move and shoot through it freely.

AHare

Quote from: ItchyFlea on September 07, 2015, 03:49:12 AM
I gave this a go.
I made it, but encountered a few issues.
1) The doors still only appear to be 1 tile in size.
2) Pawns can get stuck in the side of the door. (Only seems to happen when the door is being built, have to remove the door to free them.)
3) The region system seems to not like the door. This may have serious side-effects during gameplay, or it might work perfectly fine.

A .dll mod is required to fix those issues, and unfortunately I am unable to make one in this case. (Beyond my capability.)

Anyway here's the mod in it's current, kinda working state: Bigger Doors v1.0 :)
Ah, thanks for trying Itchy :D Sucks about those issues, but I guess it's workable.