Books?

Started by Drakon22, September 04, 2015, 08:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drakon22

I would really appreciate some books. I have a lounge, with recliners and a TV, and sculptures and plants and a table and dining chairs, and beer and chocolate. It seems like books should be written, by an author, with different types eg. Biography, fiction, guides etc. They could give different types of skills, like guides could have a random skill they increased, biographies would give them increased joy, fiction could give a randomly generated description and also better joy boost,  it would take a longer time to write. All that would be written at a writers desk, and stored in a bookshelf, which would be a decorative object as well as a storage container for books. Books would degrade ery quickly, like a couple days, when left outside. If a colonist over reads or reads in the dark, then they would be more at risk  for cataracts, or their sight could deteriorate slightly. Then there would be traits like illiterate, who couldn't read, or bibliophile for people who get a lot of joy. Just think it would be a cool idea.

Thanks, Drakon

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: Drakon22 on September 04, 2015, 08:40:45 PM
I would really appreciate some books. I have a lounge, with recliners and a TV, and sculptures and plants and a table and dining chairs, and beer and chocolate. It seems like books should be written, by an author, with different types eg. Biography, fiction, guides etc. They could give different types of skills, like guides could have a random skill they increased, biographies would give them increased joy, fiction could give a randomly generated description and also better joy boost,  it would take a longer time to write. All that would be written at a writers desk, and stored in a bookshelf, which would be a decorative object as well as a storage container for books. Books would degrade ery quickly, like a couple days, when left outside. If a colonist over reads or reads in the dark, then they would be more at risk  for cataracts, or their sight could deteriorate slightly. Then there would be traits like illiterate, who couldn't read, or bibliophile for people who get a lot of joy. Just think it would be a cool idea.

Thanks, Drakon
+1 love this idea!
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Toggle

I'm 90% sure the clutter mod adds bookshelves and books. https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=2541.0
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.