[A12] Specific Firearm Names

Started by SlimeCrusher, October 16, 2015, 07:59:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlimeCrusher

Specific Firearm Names
(SFN for short)
Alpha 12

General:
This mod changes most firearm names (wich don't include melee, as you might expect) to more realistic, less generic names. I also gave a few weapons their original names.
No other changes in stats were made.

Changes:

Pistol -> Colt M1911
Pump Shotgun -> Remington 870
Survival Rifle -> Lee-Enfield
Assault Rifle -> M-16 Rifle
Sniper Rifle -> M-24 Rifle
PDW -> Uzi
Heavy SMG -> TEC-9
Incendiary Launcher -> T-9 Incendiary Launcher
LMG -> L-15 LMG
Charge Rifle -> R-4 Charge Rifle

Downloads:

Basic: Works for vanilla weapons.
Combat Realism variant: Works only with Combat Realism mod, this mod is always loaded last.

Only have one of these active, don't activate both at the same time or you'll break things.

Compatiblity issues:
Currently, it will NOT work with mods that modify the "Weapons_Guns.xml" file, specifically the weapons wich i renamed. That means that if a mod changed the heavy charge blaster, it will work fine, but if a mod changes the assault rifle, there will be issues.

This mod doesn't work with your favourite mod for some reason? You get console errors? Tell me, and i'll hopefully make a compatibility patch, as long as the mod creator allows me to.

Notes:
Ask me before doing anything with this mod, or atleast let me know you're using it on your modpack. It's just a simple XML modification, do whatever you want with it.

IndustryStandard

SlimeCrusher

Yup, was missing it too, and the M16 as well. Actually i was expecting this "mod" to be created shortly after the genericalization of weapon names (Alpha 9), i was wrong, i guess.

TLHeart

you do realize those a trademarked names? and that is why the generic names are now used.

SlimeCrusher

Yes i know they are (atleast some of them). But most are so widely known that the trademark isn't really used anymore.
I'm not saying that they were renamed for no reason, as it's better to just avoid trouble and make every weapon a generic class. If you still think i should "avoid trouble with trademarks" and such, i can just rename every weapon to a fictional name and reupload it, no big deal, this was just made for nostalgia purporses :)
Still, "Lee-Enfield" x1000000 is better than "Survival Rifle", just sayin'

starburst98

the base game has generic so it's fine, as long as this mod is free of charge someone would have to be INCREDIBLY petty to press charges, especially since the legal fees alone would cost more then they could possibly sue someone for.

IndustryStandard

I don't suppose this would work with A13 without issues?