Defensive Structures

Started by walti921, October 08, 2013, 02:08:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Semmy

Quote from: AspenShadow on October 09, 2013, 12:48:52 PM
Quote from: Semmy on October 09, 2013, 12:45:05 PM
But the raiding parties should have some way of working through the mines.

For instance later in the game or when the storyteller notices it you got them the parties should be equipped with mine detectors or dogs or cannonfodder to get past it.

it would be a shame if we could make impenatrable defences like in dwarf fortress.

Agreed, but surely even at the current theoretical stage of these land mines they wouldn't be impenetrable if you through enough cannon fodder at them or herd a bunch of muffalo ahead of you to set off traps (a very good Raider AI tactic I think would be nice).

Didnt those english defenders abuse buffalo's like that in the movie Zulu's (100+ english defenders fighting off a bunch of angry zulu's)

And yes the game should be able to do that. but like you said we are asking alot of tynan if he should programm this tactic d-;
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

AspenShadow

Quote from: Semmy on October 09, 2013, 12:51:01 PM
And yes the game should be able to do that. but like you said we are asking alot of tynan if he should programm this tactic d-;

Hmmm, it's looking more and more like it'd be nice to have a secondary programmer on the team at Ludeon Studios... this thought coinciding with me bumping up my pledge is unrelated lol. :P

Semmy

Quote from: AspenShadow on October 09, 2013, 12:53:20 PM
Quote from: Semmy on October 09, 2013, 12:51:01 PM

Hmmm, it's looking more and more like it'd be nice to have a secondary programmer on the team at Ludeon Studios... this thought coinciding with me bumping up my pledge is unrelated lol. :P

Yeah. i pledged because i want a PK d-;
But indeed there are so many awsome ideas i fear tynan won't be done with the game before 2051
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

Pheanox

If anything, the extra money from the Kickstarter will allow Tynan to continue development longer on his own, letting him put in more new modules and the like, rather then having to hire a second programmer which increases budget more than you would expect.

huxi

Quote from: walti921 on October 08, 2013, 02:08:27 AM
Personally I'm all for land mines and barbed wire for a start (the classics never die) but at a later stage i would definitely like to see some more advanced and specialized structures like laser turrets and even energy shielding at a very advanced level.

How about this as a laser turret concept:
Laser turrets should be way slower than a normal turret while using obscene amounts of energy per shot. Everything in the line of fire should get damaged until the ray either hits rock or the energy of the shot has been converted to damage entirely. The downside, beside the enormous energy hunger, should be that it's deadly most of the time - so there won't be any unconscious raiders to arrest. Only the raider that's hit by the last remaining bit of energy (after everything else has been used up/converted to damage) has a chance to survive.