Writing a story

Started by Herc18, September 05, 2015, 11:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herc18

Hey everyone, I'm writing a fantasy story and trying to find some beta readers, just looking for critiques, feedback and general thoughts on it so far, it's not super long so if anyone is interested in what I hope is a good read please comment or PM me :) it's along the lines of game of thrones for a rough idea!

Thanks everyone!
What has been, will be again.

Elsvaer

I'm in!

What type of fantasy, may I ask?
It was a muffalo soldier...

Herc18

I would say its a lot like game of thrones with the characters and different factions, But the creatures are much more fantasy based, We have about 120 pages complete if you'd like to beta read. I can send you the google docs if you would like to be able to comment and add suggestions to the story (Which requires an email Address) or I can can just PM you chapters if you just want to read and give your overall thoughts? Both help :)
What has been, will be again.

Dartonian

Simon_The_Space_Engineer

What's the word count? Also I am writing a book as well
In the end, we all make the same leather hats.

Fruit loops

The guy who suggested the mood debuff for harvesting prisoner organs.

TheGentlmen

BetaSpectre

Shrugs, I might look at it, or I might not.
If I do I'll be sure to send feedback.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

LouisTBR

Yeah, I may as well give it a go.
Only in RimWorld is the phrase "31 Heavily-Armed Siegers are currently bombing your base" preferable to "50 manhunting squirrels are attacking your colony"

MindFruitNinja

You can find beta readers on FanFiction.net - theoretically. I've still never got an answer from those who I've PM'd.
A mind in which hyperactivity and creativity fuses. Sucks at drawing, writes a lot instead. A lot.

Fanfiction.net profile | On Reddit

Korben Dallas

I just made a thread about this but do you use a writing program for making stories and what is it if you do?